Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 40,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Back to s-on

Tip us?

Pure+
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugebulge View Post
thanks a lot. Have any idea how to get back to locked bootloader?

I seem to recall "re-lock bootloader" as being one of the many great features of the toolkit.

JakeT85
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I used the toolkit and relocked the bootloader, went back to s-on. The phone still says tampered and relocked in the bootloader. The problem I'm running into is, I want to return the phone to AT&T store. I have clicked to reset the device from settings, as well as from the bootloader and the phone does not restore it just boots into teh bootloader showing tampered and relocked. I think this is because the know the AT&T rep will restore it and see it. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeT85 View Post
I used the toolkit and relocked the bootloader, went back to s-on. The phone still says tampered and relocked in the bootloader. The problem I'm running into is, I want to return the phone to AT&T store. I have clicked to reset the device from settings, as well as from the bootloader and the phone does not restore it just boots into teh bootloader showing tampered and relocked. I think this is because the know the AT&T rep will restore it and see it. Anyone know of a way to fix this?
Sounds like you didn't flash the stock recovery.
There is a guide on how to lock your boot loader without it saying relocked in the m8 forums.
You would need to soff, unlock boot loader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" and root your phone, relock phone the proper way, remove tampered label, go back to s-on, use supersu to remove root, then factory restore.

hugebulge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
Sounds like you didn't flash the stock recovery.
There is a guide on how to lock your boot loader without it saying relocked in the m8 forums.
You would need to soff, unlock boot loader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" and root your phone, relock phone the proper way, remove tampered label, go back to s-on, use supersu to remove root, then factory restore.
Your directions arent very clear. How would you boot into twrp after you just flashed stock ROM and recovery.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugebulge View Post
Your directions arent very clear. How would you boot into twrp after you just flashed stock ROM and recovery.

have twrp on your computer in fastboot directory
fastboot boot twrp.img
it will boot twrp without flashing recovery

hugebulge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35