Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Back to s-on

OP hugebulge

21st April 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 403

818 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugebulge

thanks a lot. Have any idea how to get back to locked bootloader?

I seem to recall "re-lock bootloader" as being one of the many great features of the toolkit.
25th April 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
I used the toolkit and relocked the bootloader, went back to s-on. The phone still says tampered and relocked in the bootloader. The problem I'm running into is, I want to return the phone to AT&T store. I have clicked to reset the device from settings, as well as from the bootloader and the phone does not restore it just boots into teh bootloader showing tampered and relocked. I think this is because the know the AT&T rep will restore it and see it. Anyone know of a way to fix this?
26th April 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 216

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeT85

I used the toolkit and relocked the bootloader, went back to s-on. The phone still says tampered and relocked in the bootloader. The problem I'm running into is, I want to return the phone to AT&T store. I have clicked to reset the device from settings, as well as from the bootloader and the phone does not restore it just boots into teh bootloader showing tampered and relocked. I think this is because the know the AT&T rep will restore it and see it. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Sounds like you didn't flash the stock recovery.
There is a guide on how to lock your boot loader without it saying relocked in the m8 forums.
You would need to soff, unlock boot loader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" and root your phone, relock phone the proper way, remove tampered label, go back to s-on, use supersu to remove root, then factory restore.
26th April 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

Sounds like you didn't flash the stock recovery.
There is a guide on how to lock your boot loader without it saying relocked in the m8 forums.
You would need to soff, unlock boot loader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" and root your phone, relock phone the proper way, remove tampered label, go back to s-on, use supersu to remove root, then factory restore.

Your directions arent very clear. How would you boot into twrp after you just flashed stock ROM and recovery.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th April 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 216

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugebulge

Your directions arent very clear. How would you boot into twrp after you just flashed stock ROM and recovery.

have twrp on your computer in fastboot directory
fastboot boot twrp.img
it will boot twrp without flashing recovery
27th April 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

239 posts
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread