FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Note will not boot to anything

26th April 2014, 03:23 PM |#1  
wissmar454's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hey guys Last night I tried to install the newest twrp. It installed fine. I made myself a back up of my current system, everything. So I got to wipe the system to install a new rom. It gets stuck whipping the cache, just sits there for 3 min, then it restarts itself. Now the tablet boots to the Samsung galaCy note logo and that's it. I can no longer get into recovery or system. I can boot to download mode but when I press volume up it just restarts back to note 10.1 2014 logo. I pretty much f, ed right. Any help would be great thanks.
 
 
26th April 2014, 03:34 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 648
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissmar454

Hey guys Last night I tried to install the newest twrp. It installed fine. I made myself a back up of my current system, everything. So I got to wipe the system to install a new rom. It gets stuck whipping the cache, just sits there for 3 min, then it restarts itself. Now the tablet boots to the Samsung galaCy note logo and that's it. I can no longer get into recovery or system. I can boot to download mode but when I press volume up it just restarts back to note 10.1 2014 logo. I pretty much f, ed right. Any help would be great thanks.

Just install stock recovery via odin, boot to recovery & wipe cache, you should be good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: rar stockrecoverymj4.tar.rar - [Click for QR Code] (7.07 MB, 6 views)
26th April 2014, 03:36 PM |#3  
wissmar454's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

Just install stock recovery via odin, boot to recovery & wipe cache, you should be good to go.

I can't get into download mode for Odin to recognize my tablet to do that
26th April 2014, 03:52 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissmar454

I can't get into download mode for Odin to recognize my tablet to do that

If your tablet will boot at all, you can get it into download mode. Keep trying!
26th April 2014, 04:51 PM |#5  
wissmar454's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblack1287

If your tablet will boot at all, you can get it into download mode. Keep trying!

So if I can't get into download mode or recovery, I'm screwed
26th April 2014, 05:00 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 648
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissmar454

So if I can't get into download mode or recovery, I'm screwed

Unfortunately, yes.

If you can`t get to recovery, then probably you are bricked, are you sure you installed the correct TWRP version on your note.
26th April 2014, 05:01 PM |#7  
lightman33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
last chance is to use kies and a stock image.
it seems it's more careful to use twrp 2.6.x instead of 2.7.x.
26th April 2014, 06:00 PM |#8  
wissmar454's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

Unfortunately, yes.

If you can`t get to recovery, then probably you are bricked, are you sure you installed the correct TWRP version on your note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightman33

last chance is to use kies and a stock image.
it seems it's more careful to use twrp 2.6.x instead of 2.7.x.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515656

This is the one I installed and yes it is a 2.7.x version. What can I do with kies?
Thanks guys for the help
26th April 2014, 06:07 PM |#9  
lightman33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Maybe you can try to flash an stock image (4.3 or 4.4) with kies.
Sure you can' t go into bootloader mode to flash with odin ?
27th April 2014, 03:56 PM |#10  
wissmar454's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Just to let everyone know, I let the battery completely did on my tablet, waited a half hour and she booted right into download mode. Got the new kitkat 4.4.2 image and flashed it with odin no problems. Boots right into recovery and system no problem. Will now root again and install twrp. Thanks for the help guys. Love this site.
The Following User Says Thank You to wissmar454 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes