Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Questions about updating my rooted note 2014

Tip us?

zzzz271
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Questions about updating my rooted note 2014

Hello fellow note 2014 owners, I have a few questions before I update my note via OTA.

1. I am rooted, once updated, I loose root, correct? Even with SuperSU in survival mode (it says it tries to keep root through OTA updates)?

2. I have a few xposed modules, will those affect anything?

3. Under Wanam, I have the device status manually set to offical, will that disturb any of the updating process?

4. Has anyone's bluetooth been better or worse after the update? Mine is one of the ones that disconnects after 20 or so seconds.

Thanks!

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzz271 View Post
Hello fellow note 2014 owners, I have a few questions before I update my note via OTA.

1. I am rooted, once updated, I loose root, correct? Even with SuperSU in survival mode (it says it tries to keep root through OTA updates)?

2. I have a few xposed modules, will those affect anything?

3. Under Wanam, I have the device status manually set to offical, will that disturb any of the updating process?

4. Has anyone's bluetooth been better or worse after the update? Mine is one of the ones that disconnects after 20 or so seconds.

Thanks!
You will not get an OTA as long as you are rooted.

zzzz271
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif View Post
You will not get an OTA as long as you are rooted.
I have the device status manually set to official, and currently have the update ready to be downloaded.