No registration required

Blocked Websites

OP Denerod

26th April 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
Hello.

My brother was given a tablet from his school. It comes with restrictions, so i'm trying to bypass them.

The main problem is about websites. I was able to root the tablet and delete the apks which were installed by the school but still there are some websites I cannot connect. Twitter, facebook, youtube etc. are blocked. I've checked the "20-dns.conf" file but there are no signs of restrictions there.

Any thoughts on from which file these website restrictions come from? It is in the system obviously, but it seems like i am not able to find it. I'd be grateful if you could help me.

Thanks.
27th April 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 53

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denerod

Hello.

My brother was given a tablet from his school. It comes with restrictions, so i'm trying to bypass them.

The main problem is about websites. I was able to root the tablet and delete the apks which were installed by the school but still there are some websites I cannot connect. Twitter, facebook, youtube etc. are blocked. I've checked the "20-dns.conf" file but there are no signs of restrictions there.

Any thoughts on from which file these website restrictions come from? It is in the system obviously, but it seems like i am not able to find it. I'd be grateful if you could help me.

Thanks.

Since you have rooted it.. and I guess you also have a Custom recovery, Try to flash a New rom if available.
27th April 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
There is no custom recovery or rom for the tablet unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
27th April 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Are you sure your tablet block the site? Or your country?
Have you try app at play store, just search with tag"vpn unlimited", for example"surfeasy vpn for android" ...

Sent from my IM-A850L using Vegaviet App
27th April 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

30 posts
I am sure it is the tablet. There is no block on my Android phone or on my pc. I am familiar with vpn apps but i don't want to use them since they really decrease your internet speed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread