Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 47,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Blocked Websites

Tip us?

Denerod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Blocked Websites

Hello.

My brother was given a tablet from his school. It comes with restrictions, so i'm trying to bypass them.

The main problem is about websites. I was able to root the tablet and delete the apks which were installed by the school but still there are some websites I cannot connect. Twitter, facebook, youtube etc. are blocked. I've checked the "20-dns.conf" file but there are no signs of restrictions there.

Any thoughts on from which file these website restrictions come from? It is in the system obviously, but it seems like i am not able to find it. I'd be grateful if you could help me.

Thanks.

Fantassy123
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denerod View Post
Hello.

My brother was given a tablet from his school. It comes with restrictions, so i'm trying to bypass them.

The main problem is about websites. I was able to root the tablet and delete the apks which were installed by the school but still there are some websites I cannot connect. Twitter, facebook, youtube etc. are blocked. I've checked the "20-dns.conf" file but there are no signs of restrictions there.

Any thoughts on from which file these website restrictions come from? It is in the system obviously, but it seems like i am not able to find it. I'd be grateful if you could help me.

Thanks.
Since you have rooted it.. and I guess you also have a Custom recovery, Try to flash a New rom if available.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Device´s :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply

Denerod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
There is no custom recovery or rom for the tablet unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

masgolem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are you sure your tablet block the site? Or your country?
Have you try app at play store, just search with tag"vpn unlimited", for example"surfeasy vpn for android" ...

Sent from my IM-A850L using Vegaviet App

Denerod
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I am sure it is the tablet. There is no block on my Android phone or on my pc. I am familiar with vpn apps but i don't want to use them since they really decrease your internet speed.