[Q] New to the S4, assistance required.

OP Gh0stCode

27th April 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 16

65 posts
More
Hi all! I'll start by saying this, I'm not a COMPLETE noob here. I have had a fair share of experience with rooting and flashing roms; However when i got my new S4 i stepped up in the world of android and am sorta lost now lol. Currently I'm stock MF3 with AT&T, and in a bit I will flash the MK2 update.zip and root then. Well, my understanding of SafeStrap is that it uses the phones memory to make virtual slots for roms, therefor (correct me if I'm wrong) the current system doesn't get wiped. Now I have searched, searched, searched, read, read, AND read, multiple threads trying to find my answers and I've just ended up with confusuion. If my understanding off SS is correct I want a rom that is Stock 4.4.2, Fast, battery enhancing, and most importantly Stable. I saw on in Particular that stood out to me and that was Vision-X but the post to me confused me whether i could use it on the NB1 build. Another question I have: Is NC1 worth it? I've seen that I could do a work around to keep root from NB1 and go to NC1, And Finally my last question (thus far): Can I flash themes i whip up myself with Universal online Theme Kitchen? Is that compatible? I hope that the XDA community can help me once again with my questions and guide me onto the right track. Thanks in advance XDA!!!
27th April 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,264 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidWizzy

Hi all! I'll start by saying this, I'm not a COMPLETE noob here. I have had a fair share of experience with rooting and flashing roms; However when i got my new S4 i stepped up in the world of android and am sorta lost now lol. Currently I'm stock MF3 with AT&T, and in a bit I will flash the MK2 update.zip and root then. Well, my understanding of SafeStrap is that it uses the phones memory to make virtual slots for roms, therefor (correct me if I'm wrong) the current system doesn't get wiped. Now I have searched, searched, searched, read, read, AND read, multiple threads trying to find my answers and I've just ended up with confusuion. If my understanding off SS is correct I want a rom that is Stock 4.4.2, Fast, battery enhancing, and most importantly Stable. I saw on in Particular that stood out to me and that was Vision-X but the post to me confused me whether i could use it on the NB1 build. Another question I have: Is NC1 worth it? I've seen that I could do a work around to keep root from NB1 and go to NC1, And Finally my last question (thus far): Can I flash themes i whip up myself with Universal online Theme Kitchen? Is that compatible? I hope that the XDA community can help me once again with my questions and guide me onto the right track. Thanks in advance XDA!!!

You don't have to upgrade past MK2, and it doesn't matter if you're just going to put a custom ROM on. I believe the ROM you mentioned is compatible, but you could always check the All Things MK2 & NB1 thread. With safestrap on MK2 you'll be able to run both 4.3 and 4.4.2 ROMs by using Om ODIN to switch kernels. As for themes, Safestrap allows all normally flashable zips, so it's a matter of whether the kitchen is compatible.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 16

65 posts
More
Thanks for the reply! Currently im Stock NB1 and rooted. I'm going to flash Skyfall.Ill see what happens.

Edit: Flashed Skyfall but for some reason after reboot i get stuck on the Samsung splash screen. I followed the installation guide, am i missing something?

Since i didn't update my bootoader when using the keep root method to NB1 i used Odin to get back to stock MK2. Which SS version should i use to try and flash skyfall?
Last edited by Gh0stCode; 28th April 2014 at 03:49 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread