Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Locked out of the phone (wrong pattern and Google password)

OP YorubaDey

27th April 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
More
Is there any way to solve this other than doing a hard reset on the HTC One?

Can't really afford to lose the data.

SORRY. Forgot to click question.
Last edited by YorubaDey; 27th April 2014 at 01:07 PM.
27th April 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,093

4,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorubaDey

Is there any way to solve this other than doing a hard reset on the HTC One?

Can't really afford to lose the data.

SORRY. Forgot to click question.

this sounds like a way to access a stolen phones information, I doubt you'll get much help here
27th April 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 431

1,424 posts
More
For all we know the phones not yours, in most cases it'll ask you to verify using the Google account on the phone. If you don't no neither than that says a lot.

But,
A nicely worded Google search should give you specific steps.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th April 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Oslo

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

this sounds like a way to access a stolen phones information, I doubt you'll get much help here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi91

For all we know the phones not yours, in most cases it'll ask you to verify using the Google account on the phone. If you don't no neither than that says a lot.

But,
A nicely worded Google search should give you specific steps.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Why on earth would I care for the data if the phone was stolen? Then I'd go right ahead and reset it.

It belongs to a family member, and I gave said person the HTC One when I got my Z1 (you can see from my previous posts from several months back about the HTC One). Long story short: she messed up the pattern too many times (who knows how, I'm actually annoyed) and doesn't know the password to the Google account. So I reset the password for her (I have access to the Google account), but that password won't work because the phone is not connected to wi-fi or mobile data, so the only way is to obtain the previous password, and that's impossible as far as I know, especially since Google does not have any e-mail/phone support.

I read a couple of tips regarding calling the phone and the dropping down the notification bar to turn on the net, but it doesn't work.

So I came here hoping for a solution before we have to wipe the phone with lots of vacation pictures:/
I have googled a lot, and haven't found anything. Thank you though.
Last edited by YorubaDey; 27th April 2014 at 05:07 PM.
27th April 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,093

4,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why on earth would I care for the data if the phone was stolen? Then I'd go right ahead and reset it.

It belongs to a family member, and I gave said person the HTC One when I got my Z1 (you can see from my previous posts from several months back about the HTC One). Long story short: she messed up the pattern too many times (who knows how, I'm actually annoyed) and doesn't know the password to the Google account. So I reset the password for her (I have access to the Google account), but that password won't work because the phone is not connected to wi-fi or mobile data, so the only way is to obtain the previous password, and that's impossible as far as I know, especially since Google does not have any e-mail/phone support.

I read a couple of tips regarding calling the phone and the dropping down the notification bar to turn on the net, but it doesn't work.

So I came here hoping for a solution before we have to wipe the phone with lots of vacation pictures:/

Sorry .. but if it was your phone that was stolen you should be happy we don't give info like that out
27th April 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,791

1,559 posts
Quote:

If you have TWRP installed use adb pull /sdcard/Pictures to retrieve your vacation pictures, then factory reset.

If stock recovery your only option is a factory reset.
27th April 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Oslo

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt

If you have TWRP installed use adb pull /sdcard/Pictures to retrieve your vacation pictures, then factory reset.

If stock recovery your only option is a factory reset.

Thank you, bud.

I guess we'll have to reset it. Such a shame.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread