Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Locked out of the phone (wrong pattern and Google password)

Tip us?

YorubaDey
Old
(Last edited by YorubaDey; 27th April 2014 at 01:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Locked out of the phone (wrong pattern and Google password)

Is there any way to solve this other than doing a hard reset on the HTC One?

Can't really afford to lose the data.

SORRY. Forgot to click question.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorubaDey View Post
Is there any way to solve this other than doing a hard reset on the HTC One?

Can't really afford to lose the data.

SORRY. Forgot to click question.
this sounds like a way to access a stolen phones information, I doubt you'll get much help here
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Tachi91
Old
Thanks Meter 419
For all we know the phones not yours, in most cases it'll ask you to verify using the Google account on the phone. If you don't no neither than that says a lot.

But,
A nicely worded Google search should give you specific steps.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC One

YorubaDey
Old
(Last edited by YorubaDey; 27th April 2014 at 05:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
this sounds like a way to access a stolen phones information, I doubt you'll get much help here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi91 View Post
For all we know the phones not yours, in most cases it'll ask you to verify using the Google account on the phone. If you don't no neither than that says a lot.

But,
A nicely worded Google search should give you specific steps.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Why on earth would I care for the data if the phone was stolen? Then I'd go right ahead and reset it.

It belongs to a family member, and I gave said person the HTC One when I got my Z1 (you can see from my previous posts from several months back about the HTC One). Long story short: she messed up the pattern too many times (who knows how, I'm actually annoyed) and doesn't know the password to the Google account. So I reset the password for her (I have access to the Google account), but that password won't work because the phone is not connected to wi-fi or mobile data, so the only way is to obtain the previous password, and that's impossible as far as I know, especially since Google does not have any e-mail/phone support.

I read a couple of tips regarding calling the phone and the dropping down the notification bar to turn on the net, but it doesn't work.

So I came here hoping for a solution before we have to wipe the phone with lots of vacation pictures:/
I have googled a lot, and haven't found anything. Thank you though.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 877

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Why on earth would I care for the data if the phone was stolen? Then I'd go right ahead and reset it.

It belongs to a family member, and I gave said person the HTC One when I got my Z1 (you can see from my previous posts from several months back about the HTC One). Long story short: she messed up the pattern too many times (who knows how, I'm actually annoyed) and doesn't know the password to the Google account. So I reset the password for her (I have access to the Google account), but that password won't work because the phone is not connected to wi-fi or mobile data, so the only way is to obtain the previous password, and that's impossible as far as I know, especially since Google does not have any e-mail/phone support.

I read a couple of tips regarding calling the phone and the dropping down the notification bar to turn on the net, but it doesn't work.

So I came here hoping for a solution before we have to wipe the phone with lots of vacation pictures:/
Sorry .. but if it was your phone that was stolen you should be happy we don't give info like that out
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

cschmitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1722
Quote:

If you have TWRP installed use adb pull /sdcard/Pictures to retrieve your vacation pictures, then factory reset.

If stock recovery your only option is a factory reset.
<this>

YorubaDey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt View Post
If you have TWRP installed use adb pull /sdcard/Pictures to retrieve your vacation pictures, then factory reset.

If stock recovery your only option is a factory reset.
Thank you, bud.

I guess we'll have to reset it. Such a shame.