Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[FOUND SOLUTION] the poorman's shield-streaming isn't working right for me.

OP yackaro

27th April 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
i've been trying really hard to get a droidmote/x360ce+splashtop setup with my shield and computer so i can stream regardless of my poorman's spec (1.9 ghz core 2 duo, GeForce 9800GT, 8GB ram, at least i have the second-latest OS, windows 8 64 bit) but droidmote and x360ce dont seem to be working correctly. when i try to play games like portal 2 (yes i know /bin for source engine games) the ONLY controls that work right is the up/down r-stick movements and the l-stick(and i'm not sure but maybe the right button idk) but i'm getting problems like- moving the r-stick left and right, which should move like mouse, counts as placing b/o portals, depending on the direction used. the r-trigger counts as moving the mouse right. buttons like l-trigger, l-button, y and b just dont work. i'm almost positive x and a aren't mapped right. the pause button does not work. i havent been able to test the dpad so i don't know if there are any problems with it. any possible help with this? i've wanted to stream from my computer so bad but i never figured out how to use droidmote until now. now i am so close and i'm both happy and depressed about it.

edit:
i had heard of it, but since i preciously did not know how to set it up right, i did not believe that splashtop thd actually HAD controller support. then, earlier, i got an idea. how aboutnif i tried to install the splashtop controller drivers like the droidmote drivers? well, lets just say it worked. it worked far better than i anticipated. so now i do not need this thread to help me any more. glad noone replied else i never would have put my brain to the task of thinking like that. if i'd gotten replies i'd still be sitting here troubleshooting droidmote, the bs controller program (at least for me it is being) i played portal 2 for about an hour after i discovered splashtop controller support and it worked flawlessly. maybe going to try minecraft with minecontrol later. bye!
Last edited by yackaro; 28th April 2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: i found the solution on my own.
The Following User Says Thank You to yackaro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread