FORUMS

No quick actions in SMS notifications ?

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 15
 
By thewild, Senior Member on 23rd April 2014, 03:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all !

I'm on 12.1.A.1.201 (dipesh1502 version, rooted etc.).
I wonder why there are no quick actions (reply, mark read) in SMS notifications. I thought those where standard in Android 4.3.
I believe it might be because Sony's SMS application does not support them, so I tried to replace them with mms.apk from CM10.2, but it just crashes when I try to load it.
I also found an xposed module (SMS Xposed), but it is said that it is made for AOSP sms app also.

Any solution to have quick actions in my sms notifications ?
I do not want to use a third party SMS app though, I'd like o use either Sony's app or the AOSP app.

Thanks !

Edit : sorry, should be in Q&A section probably ?
Last edited by thewild; 23rd April 2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Wrong section ?
 
 
25th April 2014, 09:53 AM |#2  
vite74's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
No bro, at this moment there's no solution if you want to use stock messaging app.. Imo it's not a big prob.
Cheers.
25th April 2014, 11:16 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vite74

No bro, at this moment there's no solution if you want to use stock messaging app.. Imo it's not a big prob.
Cheers.

OK thanks for answering.
Too bad, I really miss those quick actions... I guess I can live without them.

Edit : I just discovered that CM's messaging app was available on the play store. Very close to stock, and with quick actions, perfect !
Last edited by thewild; 25th April 2014 at 11:30 AM.
27th April 2014, 12:19 AM |#4  
zolaisugly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,214
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewild

OK thanks for answering.
Too bad, I really miss those quick actions... I guess I can live without them.

Edit : I just discovered that CM's messaging app was available on the play store. Very close to stock, and with quick actions, perfect !

You got a link for that as I can't find it.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 07:58 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolaisugly

You got a link for that as I can't find it.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tyeightsms.mms
The Following User Says Thank You to thewild For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes