Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,360 Members 54,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NFC services draining my battery

Tip us?

Brian23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default NFC services draining my battery

I just got the Sprint GS5 last week and have been slowly Turning OFF some of the bloat ware and downloading apps that I use. The past couple of days I have noticed that I charge my phone to %100 before I go to bed. I sleep for like 5 hours and when I wake up my phone has dropped to %89 battery. I went to settings>battery and have noticed that NFC services is causing the most batter drain....even though I have turned it off, forced stop and turned of S beam. I have also tried to turn it off and then reboot and charge phone, but I still see the NFC services draining my battery. Can someone please help?

slickdealers
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
I just got the Sprint GS5 last week and have been slowly Turning OFF some of the bloat ware and downloading apps that I use. The past couple of days I have noticed that I charge my phone to %100 before I go to bed. I sleep for like 5 hours and when I wake up my phone has dropped to %89 battery. I went to settings>battery and have noticed that NFC services is causing the most batter drain....even though I have turned it off, forced stop and turned of S beam. I have also tried to turn it off and then reboot and charge phone, but I still see the NFC services draining my battery. Can someone please help?
I personally do not use NFC so I just froze the service in Titanium Backup.

Brian23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdealers View Post
I personally do not use NFC so I just froze the service in Titanium Backup.
I am not rooted and it won't let me turn nfc off. When I click on the tab in settings, it is gray and "on". It won't let me change it.

slickdealers
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
I am not rooted and it won't let me turn nfc off. When I click on the tab in settings, it is gray and "on". It won't let me change it.
That is odd. You should be able to toggle it off in the settings. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398618585012.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	2712120

Brian23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdealers View Post
That is odd. You should be able to toggle it off in the settings. Attachment 2712120
Yeah, I know but when I go to that screen, it is grayed out and I can't toggle to off. It's also the cause of my battery drain. Any help would be much appreciated.

slickdealers
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Yeah, I know but when I go to that screen, it is grayed out and I can't toggle to off. It's also the cause of my battery drain. Any help would be much appreciated.
Have you tried turning off the phone and pulling the battery? If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is a factory reset.