Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question about replacement s3

Tip us?

abouttocrash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Question about replacement s3

Hello everyone,

I have a bit of a problem and I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar. I started having problems with my s3 rebooting at random times. eventually, it wouldn't boot past my CM11 splash screen and now, it won't turn on. It will only vibrate when a battery is inserted. Now, I have a problem with trying to fix things myself, so knowing that I was out of the 1 year warranty, I took it a part to see if the solder joints on the power switch looked ok, and they did. I then reassembled the phone. Verizon is sending me a replacement s3 because they say it is a manufactures defect and that they will cover it free of charge. My question: If the phone won't boot, what are the odds that they will find CM11 installed on my phone and will they know that I disassembled the phone (if that voids anything)? I'm pretty sure they charge 300.00 bucks if they find that out. Has anyone had this experience? Will they be able to power it on? I would love some feedback! Thanks in advance, you guys are always so helpful.

wildcatfan1491
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can you boot it into Download mode and re ODIN the stock firmware?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app