Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Help with 4.4.2 in global mode.

OP Nopi45

27th April 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lawton
Thanks Meter: 64

241 posts
More
Okay I am deployed over seas. I am bone stock mk2. I would like to take the update to play around with it but I have my phone in global mode using a different sim card. Every time I check for update it says update unavailable at this time. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
27th April 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,440

3,333 posts
More
You have to go to back to full stock mk2 to be able to update. If you want to keep root you can use the guide in the general section on how to keep root and update. The guide works for the leaked KitKat build we got, nc2, but I'm not sure if it works for the official nc5 update, you can check the thread for that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th April 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,557

1,916 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopi45

Okay I am deployed over seas. I am bone stock mk2. I would like to take the update to play around with it but I have my phone in global mode using a different sim card. Every time I check for update it says update unavailable at this time. Thanks for any help.

Since you're not on the Verizon network, you won't be offered the update via OTA. I'd wait until someone grabs the NC5 update
Since you're factory stock, you could install the OTA by downloading it to your internal SD card as an update.zip and booting into stock recovery to install it.

Note that you can't "play around" with it. You'll have NC5, no root, and very likely no way to go back.
The Following User Says Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lawton

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu

Since you're not on the Verizon network, you won't be offered the update via OTA. I'd wait until someone grabs the NC5 update
Since you're factory stock, you could install the OTA by downloading it to your internal SD card as an update.zip and booting into stock recovery to install it.

Note that you can't "play around" with it. You'll have NC5, no root, and very likely no way to go back.

I had an idea not being on the network may be the reason behind it. I will give going through the stock recovery a shot. Also, I am very sad to say this is my first phone I have not messed around with.

27th April 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,557

1,916 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopi45

I had an idea not being on the network may be the reason behind it. I will give going through the stock recovery a shot. Also, I am very sad to say this is my first phone I have not messed around with.

The update comes from VZ over their network. If you're not on their network, the update servers aren't reachable.
Oh - another thing you can try is to use Kies to check for updates. I don't think that VZ has made the update available there yet, so have patience.
27th April 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lawton

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu

The update comes from VZ over their network. If you're not on their network, the update servers aren't reachable.
Oh - another thing you can try is to use Kies to check for updates. I don't think that VZ has made the update available there yet, so have patience.

Thanks for the help! I will check out Kies too. I have nothing but time on my hands so patience comes easy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread