Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No lte option on my lg g2 D802 via three in the UK

Tip us?

xlairways
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No lte option on my lg g2 D802 via three in the UK

Hi,

I have bought from eBay a 32GB lg g2 the D802 model.
When using my three network simca card I do not get the option of lte.
The work around of entering 3845#*802# works, but I would like to fixes this properly if I can. I have tried to Root the device but none of the root downloads seem to work for my phone . Can anyone point me in the right direction for rooting this phone please?
Thank you.

errikosd
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Check your software version to see where your phone has come from. If it is anything other than EUR (eg. HKG) you have to flash the European firmware. This guide tells you how.

I myself have a HKG G2. LTE option did not show until I flashed the EUR Open firmware. LTE works like a charm now. I am on Three too.

xlairways
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by errikosd View Post
Check your software version to see where your phone has come from. If it is anything other than EUR (eg. HKG) you have to flash the European firmware. This guide tells you how.

I myself have a HKG G2. LTE option did not show until I flashed the EUR Open firmware. LTE works like a charm now. I am on Three too.
Thank you I will give this a try.
My software version is D80220a-466-92 so I think it's from HKG, could I ask what version you flased it to please? Thank you so much for your help.

errikosd
Old
(Last edited by errikosd; 26th April 2014 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlairways View Post
Thank you I will give this a try.
My software version is D80220a-466-92 so I think it's from HKG, could I ask what version you flased it to please? Thank you so much for your help.
I flashed this kdz: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D80220B_00.kdz mentioned in this post. I have a 32GB model, but it should work with both 16GB and 32GB models.

For the record, I did the second kdz method (hosts file edit) as I am running windows 8.1 and did not want to have any permission issues with the script. Make sure to disable any antivirus/firewall software before even downloading the required files (and during the procedure of course).

xlairways
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Looking at the UK options only ee has a 32GB flash option. Does anyone know if this would give me issues with my three SIM card please?

errikosd
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlairways View Post
Looking at the UK options only ee has a 32GB flash option. Does anyone know if this would give me issues with my three SIM card please?
You don't need a UK firmware version. As far as I know, all European Open firmwares are exactly the same (they share the same SHA-256 sum, verified by me). Got the SHA256 sums for the SWS (Switzerland), DEU (Germany) and 6GR (Greece), they are identical:
Code:
$ sha256sum ./D80220B_00.kdz 
e3c56cdf0f936b8744fd758074e32e7486086953c701cd9374e5a1b95b6a359e  ./D80220B_00.kdz