Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wiped everything > no OS

Tip us?

windieboss
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0gd4n View Post
aaah, so I don't have to wait for it to "start". OK then, I'll try this.

When I plug in the phone, Windows makes the "New device" sound, so I guess it does recognise it.

so it's adb sideload ....zip ?
yup.
The Following User Says Thank You to windieboss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b0gd4n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
Yeah adb will not list any devices as USB Debugging needs to be enabled and as you dont have a OS installed you won't be able to enable it. Luckily you have the latest version if twrp install so you can use adb sideload from twrp, I think it's in the advanced tab. Start up adb sideload and make sure your Rom.zip file is in the adb folder on your PC and then type, adb sideload <name of Rom>.zip, and the sideload will copy zip file over abd install for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windieboss View Post
a bit misleading it is, it wont come up with a msg started or something (in other words your waiting for nothing, its already running after the starting msg). Plug your phone in and start the adb sideload in cmd. Of course your system must recognize your phone else your will error out with no device found.
ok, booted to recovery > Advanced > ADB Sideload > now it ways "Starting ADB sideload feature..."

Plugged in the device, started cmd from adb folder. Doing adb devices here returns no devices...

Tried all USB ports, still none...
Current: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal) + Spigen Slim Armor (Gunmetal)
ViperOne - ElementalX - Firewater S-Off(ed)
Old: HTC One * Galaxy S4 (I9505) * Galaxy S3 (I9300) * Galaxy S3 LTE (I9305) * Galaxy S (I9000)

hennesch
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
ok, booted to recovery > Advanced > ADB Sideload > now it ways "Starting ADB sideload feature..."

Plugged in the device, started cmd from adb folder. Doing adb devices here returns no devices...

Same Problem here. No Solution?

BlockABoots
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

After you have started the sideloader server in twrp, just type adb sideload <name of rom>.zip and it will start sending the file. Dont bother trying to search for the device (adb device) as sideloader only understand the above command

b0gd4n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockABoots View Post
After you have started the sideloader server in twrp, just type adb sideload <name of rom>.zip and it will start sending the file. Dont bother trying to search for the device (adb device) as sideloader only understand the above command
doing just that:

start in recovery> start adb sideload (saying "starting adb sideload feature...") > plugged in (windows new device sound) > cmd with admin > navigate to sdk/platform-tools/ > and now I do the following command:
Code:
adb sideload filename.zip
and I get:

error: device not found
Old: HTC One * Galaxy S4 (I9505) * Galaxy S3 (I9300) * Galaxy S3 LTE (I9305) * Galaxy S (I9000)

BlockABoots
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
doing just that:

start in recovery> start adb sideload (saying "starting adb sideload feature...") > plugged in (windows new device sound) > cmd with admin > navigate to sdk/platform-tools/ > and now I do the following command:
Code:
and I get:

error: device not found
Hmmm, maybe try uninstalling all HTC drivers on the PC and then reinstalling.....

HTCDriver_4.2.0.001.exe
HTC_BMP_USB_Driver_x64_1.0.5375.msi (or x86 version if on win 32)
SyncManager_2.0.61.0.exe

found here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2217396

http://www.mediafire.com/?o10b16j5b3r3o

windieboss
Old
Thanks Meter 3
try the above. If that still fails then give this a go

http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver

(after again uninstalling htc drivers)
The Following User Says Thank You to windieboss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vikram9495
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I deleted os

Hello brother pls help me . I am sorry but i deleted is of htc one. Now can't anything . Here is the details

Twrp - yes

Hboot- unlocked tampered.
S-off

T-mobile htc one 4.4.2

Please help me . Here I saw many many expert so brother pls help me how to solve it & I can use my htc one .

Pls brother........

If someone can mail me in power.vikram@gmail.com
The details what to do. As I am really new & don't know what to do.

So again brother pls help.

b0gd4n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by windieboss View Post
try the above. If that still fails then give this a go

http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver

(after again uninstalling htc drivers)
Whooo this worked!! Finally!!!

So I uninstalled all HTC stuff I had installed (drivers, sync manager, everything), then installed the stuff in the link.

Plugged in the HTC One in sideload mode and did
Code:
and it worked!! Thanks again mate!