Thanks Meter: 88

64 posts
Donate to Me
More
this
Quote:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Pnp]
"BootOptions"=dword:00000003

Last edited by marass82; 24th April 2014 at 11:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to marass82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #32  
Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,172

3,354 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't know if it worked , maybe BSP must be updated , but it didn't hurt the phone
24th April 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #33  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 45

257 posts
More
Does anyone know how to remove alphabetical order in menuon WP 8.1? I try registry hack from this forum( first post)

http://www.windowsmania.pl/poradniki...4/index44.html

but it doesnt work.. :/
25th April 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #34  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 213

604 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim

I don't know if it worked , maybe BSP must be updated , but it didn't hurt the phone

Its supposed to boot one or two seconds faster. I haven't tested it yet myself.
25th April 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68

715 posts
More
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\USB "DisableUSBControlPanel" set it to 0 and you will have the usb menu in settings. No reboot needed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loco5150 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 16

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marass82

this

The 'Faster Boot' worked for me, until now nothing bad happened to the phone and it seemed a bit more 'reactive' during the boot, requiring a bit less time after the screen 'Windows Phone' and 'Samsung Mobile' . Just one thing (to clarify) : writing 00000003 or 3 seems to be the same thing (I wrote down the value 00000003 and when I tap on 'Read' the phone tells me the value is 3, so I thought to write it here).
Then..thank you marrass82, cause Microsoft Dev's website didn't specified what to put in the field 'key'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco5150

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\USB "DisableUSBControlPanel" set it to 0 and you will have the usb menu in settings. No reboot needed.

Tried and it works. (in the pic you see USB in the settings)
Thank You Loco.
One question: what can we do with this settings?
Connect our phones with other devices as TV,mouse,hd,pendrives?
I've tried to connect with the usb connector the phone to the mouse, external hd, pendrives..but they don't work. -it seems the phone is 'mute' when I try to connect it with usb-

EDIT

Guys, I don't know if it's important BUT AFTER regediting (for both the fast boot and the USB in the settings)

1)My PHONE DATAS BECAME OF 3,84 GB! (yesterday they were about 2,8GBs) -IMAGE-
2)Searching in the phone with Explorer I found this 'FirstBoot', which I didn't remember -IMAGE-
3)Some .xap that were deployed now don't work (neither they let the app's image appear in the start menu). -IMAGE- For ex. I can't open WPHTWEAKS or PDFTOOffice ...I'll try to deploy them again.
5)THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: I don't know why but my phone often told me(after rebooting) that sd card had some errors (my phone is a interopunlocked Ativ S). Why do I have this error?Can this be related with the problems I'm having now?

Any help?
I wouldn't like to hard reset again and flash gdr2 to interop unlock this time too...

Thanks in advantage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20140426_0001.png
Views:	184
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	2709495   Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20140426_0002.png
Views:	156
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	2709769   Click image for larger version

Name:	firstboot.png
Views:	118
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	2709770  
Last edited by gidannifico; 26th April 2014 at 03:45 PM.
26th April 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #37  

75 posts
Sorry guys, I have to Edit again.

- About my System datas on the phone, they're still remaining of 3,84 gbs(even if before editing the reg they were of 2,80GBs and a second after editing it the 'other' folder was about 1 GB (then returned to 100mb and now is about 200mb...! O.O)

- I've deployed again some xaps and I can open 'em without any problem (for example pdftooffice), it could be that some homebrew apps was seen as an error from the phone and so it asked me if I wanted to 'fix the problems of my sd card'..could be, who knows..

I'll let you know as soon as I can if there are other problems about these changes of reg (most of all about the 'fest boot' which I think f---ed my system datas)
26th April 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #38  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 45

257 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidannifico

Sorry guys, I have to Edit again.

- About my System datas on the phone, they're still remaining of 3,84 gbs(even if before editing the reg they were of 2,80GBs and a second after editing it the 'other' folder was about 1 GB (then returned to 100mb and now is about 200mb...! O.O)

- I've deployed again some xaps and I can open 'em without any problem (for example pdftooffice), it could be that some homebrew apps was seen as an error from the phone and so it asked me if I wanted to 'fix the problems of my sd card'..could be, who knows..

I'll let you know as soon as I can if there are other problems about these changes of reg (most of all about the 'fest boot' which I think f---ed my system datas)

Can you deploy and have working wphtools because when i tried to deploy i got error? and deploing other apps like sam tools and webserver wokrs just fine..
26th April 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #39  

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miki89

Can you deploy and have working wphtools because when i tried to deploy i got error? and deploing other apps like sam tools and webserver wokrs just fine..

I can deploy ANY app until now, can open ANY app but my phone system datas continue to grow (first we were at 3,84 .now we're at 3,87GBs) and the folder 'Documents' grows too (now at 509 MBs but I still can't find where this folder is)
Last edited by gidannifico; 26th April 2014 at 02:45 PM.
27th April 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #40  

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco5150

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Settings\QuickSettingElements\P inned

Has some control over the quick toggle elements, there is a value "AllowedQuickSettingsElements", but setting it to 5 does not enable the 5th quick toggle. More values are needed to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas_ita

I want smaller text back!

Sent from my ATIV S using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubi07

For now only way to make 5 toggle is change PhoneManufacturerModelName to RM-938. I think that loads hardware spec form libs to make os adapted for screen and hw. After change model in registry, there isnt any other change than in PhoneManufacturerModelName...

Guys read HERE! Camera Problem solved
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...434959&page=18

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidannifico For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread