Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 50,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What Lag?

Tip us?

Simer03
Old
(Last edited by Simer03; 25th April 2014 at 11:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1016
Lag could mean a lot of different things to different people.....to me lag is slow responsiveness. I always loved how fast the nexus could switch between apps, u literally could press the button and quickly press the app and keep doing it really fast and it'd keep up....on the s5, that's not the case, it takes a micro second longer to display the recent apps and sometimes if u touch the app too fast it'll close the recent apps instead of going the app. Something I've noticed but everyone's different.

I certainly am not returning this phone because of a micro second tho... I made money switching to this phone so eff it haha. But also stock KitKat is way faster than sense or touchwiz so that's a big factor too

sent from my Galaxy S5
The Following User Says Thank You to Simer03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g2tegg
Old
(Last edited by garwynn; 27th April 2014 at 09:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 112
It's funny. I've been using a Note 3 for a few months, rooted with a custom TW firmware. I recently took out my old M7 and realized how much faster and smoother the user experience is. I am not talking about how fast a app opens, as I am comparing a S600 vs a S800 chipset. The Note 3 clearly has much more power. Yet TW still stutters, even with 3GB of ram. Hell, even overclock and it still skips.
The same is with the S5. People who claim there is no lag haven't used a M7/M8 or a Nexus 5. Its pathetic that people have to wait for a custom rom or kernel to get their device operating as it should be. This is why I am skipping out on the S5 all together (for the record I have used one, on several occasions). That and absolutely no development yet. Samsung continues to disappoint, and reminds me a lot like Apple.

Those little "hiccups" that so many people are actually accepting, take a look at this video. This ties into the fluidity of the OS, and how much smoother the M8 is. One thing not mentioned here is how much faster opening up the recent apps opens up on the M8. Also, the S5 will shut down apps in the background while the M8 keeps a lot more open at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQDcfrBS6-c

MOD EDIT: PARAGRAPH REMOVED
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - DD, Acer C710 W/16GB Ram/64GB SSD/Dual Boot Ubuntu/ChromeOS
Moto X # 2 - Sold, HTC One - Sold, Nexus 5 - Sold, Moto X - Sold, Galaxy Note 2 Titanium - Sold, Optimus G - Traded for a case of beer, Nexus 4 - Sold, Galaxy Note 2 White - Sold, Galaxy S3 - Sold, Galaxy Note N7000 - Sold, Galaxy Note I717 - Sold, Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE - Sold, Samsung, Galaxy S2 - Work, Motorola Razr - Sold, Motorola Atrix - IN PIECES
The Following User Says Thank You to g2tegg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7384

DONATE TO ME
Thread cleaned.

Leaving open for now as there are always observations and discussions to be had on UI performance but flaming or allowing this to turn into a fan ("My device is better than yours") thread will not be tolerated. Please troll elsewhere if that is your intent.

Thread will be closed if gets out of hand again.
Thank you.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)