T-Mobile Insurance/JUMP & Warranties

OP Shoulon

25th April 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venice, California
Thanks Meter: 222

1,894 posts
More
Does Knox affect coverage? I mean all the things i hear around the forums is for warranty.(What warranty are they speaking of?) Quite honestly I don't even know what the general warranty is for mobile devices as I've always taken care of mines. No cracks or broken from drops... ect.. It kinda sounds like Warranty and Insurance through T-mobile (Assurance) is separate. Currently have insurance since JUMP comes with it.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's anyone who could give a detailed explanation to this. Also regarding on how knox affects either both or one of the above mentioned in regards to claims. I don't think Assurance would care if it was.
Last edited by Shoulon; 25th April 2014 at 09:42 PM.
25th April 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #2  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 450

498 posts
Donate to Me
More
My guess is that JUMP (and insurance for that matter) should not be affected. I'm planning to turn mine in 12 months from now, at which point the JUMP program will cover the other 50%. At that time, the warranty will be void (via expiration) anyway, so I can hardly see that as being a valid point.

I wouldn't take my word for it, however. Large companies tend to take every step possible to make sure that they aren't spending any extra money they don't have to.
26th April 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

149 posts
More
Assurance and JUMP phones won't be affected by Knox. Plenty of people have turned in phones that were triggered with Knox, both in store at T-Mobile and mailed back for replacement through Assurance. Until employees get trained on detecting Knox and start denying those phones, we won't have to worry for now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
27th April 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

219 posts
More
I just used my jump and turned in my rooted s4, Pac-Rom boot image and everything. They only checked if it powered on, if the screen was cracked, and if there was water damage.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th April 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Venice, California
Thanks Meter: 222

1,894 posts
More
Yeah with the above user that's one of the reasons I ask. I had traded in my s4 with cm10. They didn't care except that it worked, and the conditition.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread