[Q] Yet another "I'm stuck at the AT&T screen and I it's not recognized" thread
I've been trying to figure this out, off and on, for 2-3 weeks. I could use some help.
Originally, I was running Cognition, but I can't even remember what I was trying to flash because I've tried so many things... The bottom line is that I'm at the download screen, but all the PC's I have (win 7) don't recognize it. I'm convinced that if I can get the PC to recognize it, then I could reload i897uckk4. But...
Things I have done:
- Rebooted, switched cables, turned everything off and on, tried on different machines, all the hardware easy stuff.
- Uninstalled drivers, tried other drivers, uninstalled Odin, Heimdall, Kies, rebooted and tried only one at a time.
- Tried all the USB ports on all the PCs
- Different phones are seen from the 2 cables I've been using.
This phone worked and was recognized on this machine before I screwed it up. I don't see how it's a phone hardware issue. Sure, it could be, but I really don't think so. That leaves drivers for Win 7, 64-bit. I've tried these files as Administrator:
I've even tried these for kicks:
Now that I've tried all I can find, I think the ones I want to keep are the "usb_drivers_GalaxyS_x64"
Thing is, it worked before "The Big Hose of 2014". It should have been recognized, but it stopped being recognized after an unsuccessful attempt at flashing back to stock, after an unsuccessful attempt at Cyanogen. The only thing I can think of is that I tried to flash the wrong ROM version, or something like that, and the phone is in a state where it's not sending the proper handshake.
The error I'm getting is classic, and all over these forums:
- I've tried to manually load "Samsung Android USB Composite Device" driver - Device can not start. Code 10
- All devices like WMC, Mobile Modem, ect - Code 10
- A few others result in the Code 10, too.
I've tried to find the GUID for it in the Registry to delete the Upper and Lower Filters.
What's left? I'm sure it's a small thing. I could use a few more hints.
Two last questions:
Will doing the unbrickable mod help, or is it too late?
Does it charge while in download mode, or if the star like circle is not spinning?