Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swapping recoveries...

Tip us?

Anthony825
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Swapping recoveries...

So when I unlocked my phone the other day I went to flash twrp but the website was having issues and wouldn't let me download the file. Thus i was forced to install cwm. I can't stand cwm since it bricked my m7. My question is, how do I go about changing to twrp? What files do I need?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mchief298
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony825 View Post
So when I unlocked my phone the other day I went to flash twrp but the website was having issues and wouldn't let me download the file. Thus i was forced to install cwm. I can't stand cwm since it bricked my m7. My question is, how do I go about changing to twrp? What files do I need?

CWM bricked your m7.... K

What you need is the recovery itself, which can be found in the original development section. Then just install the same way you did with cwm, or use flashify.. Make sure you hit recovery instead of boot.. It'll cause problems.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app
My philosophy is that if your "contribution" to the community has a giant DONATE button in the center of the page? It isn't worth the download.

Devices - Verizon
  • Galaxy S3 (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy S4 MDK (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Traded for M7
  • HTC M7 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Sold
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Sold
  • Galaxy S3 (Unrooted, Stock) - Edged Up
  • HTC M8 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Current Device
The Following User Says Thank You to mchief298 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anthony825
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Ok I should rephrase that. I had cwm when it bricked. I was making a nandroid backup and it froze in the middle of the process. Sat there hanging on the same screen for 3 hours So I was forced to hard shut off the phone. When I rebooted, it wouldn't mount to anything and is now a beautiful brushed aluminum brick. M7 aside, I can just flash twrp right over cwm? I don't have to revert to a stock recovery first?

The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony825 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony825 View Post
Ok I should rephrase that. I had cwm when it bricked. I was making a nandroid backup and it froze in the middle of the process. Sat there hanging on the same screen for 3 hours So I was forced to hard shut off the phone. When I rebooted, it wouldn't mount to anything and is now a beautiful brushed aluminum brick. M7 aside, I can just flash twrp right over cwm? I don't have to revert to a stock recovery first?

Correct, you can just flash one recovery over another