Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RUU error 158

Tip us?
 
yurixd
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nova Olímpia
Default RUU error 158

Hello friends I have an AT & T and am trying to flash rom by RUU but I get the message "ERROR [158]: Image error" says I should look for a correct image.

The problem is that I have unlocked bootloader, S-OFF and SuperCid. Should not flash any rom with this?
 
GalaxyUser50
Old
#2  
GalaxyUser50's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurixd View Post
Hello friends I have an AT & T and am trying to flash rom by RUU but I get the message "ERROR [158]: Image error" says I should look for a correct image.

The problem is that I have unlocked bootloader, S-OFF and SuperCid. Should not flash any rom with this?
What RUU are you trying to flash?
  • Current Phone:
  • AT&T HTC One 32GB converted to Google Edition
  • Security- OFF!
  • Previous Phones: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, iPhone 4s
  • Tablets: Nexus 7 2013 16GB, Stock
 
clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 26th April 2014 at 12:16 PM.)
#3  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 878
Posts: 3,256
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurixd View Post
Hello friends I have an AT & T and am trying to flash rom by RUU but I get the message "ERROR [158]: Image error" says I should look for a correct image.

The problem is that I have unlocked bootloader, S-OFF and SuperCid. Should not flash any rom with this?
Yes with superCID and s-off you can flash any RUU .. are you trying to install the 4.4.2 AT&T Kitkat RUU ?

try this one
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580500

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip

fastboot flash zip rom.zip << Yes two times
fastboot reboot

Or use the Developer Edition RUU I posted in your other thread !
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
yurixd
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nova Olímpia
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Yes with superCID and s-off you can flash any RUU .. are you trying to install the 4.4.2 AT&T Kitkat RUU ?

try this one
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407580500

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip rom.zip

fastboot flash zip rom.zip << Yes two times
fastboot reboot

Or use the Developer Edition RUU I posted in your other thread !
I downloaded the rom RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_BrightstarUS_WWE_4.19.154 0.9_Radio_4A.23.3263.28_10.38r.1157.04L_release_35 3887_signed_3.exe
but to proceed with the flash I get the same "Error 158: Error image - obtain the correct update utility rom".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sem título.png
Views:	44
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	2712761  
 
clsA
Old
#5  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 878
Posts: 3,256
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurixd View Post
I downloaded the rom RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_BrightstarUS_WWE_4.19.154 0.9_Radio_4A.23.3263.28_10.38r.1157.04L_release_35 3887_signed_3.exe
but to proceed with the flash I get the same "Error 158: Error image - obtain the correct update utility rom".
did you try the decrypted ruu.zip i posted above ?
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
yurixd
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nova Olímpia
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
did you try the decrypted ruu.zip i posted above ?
not only tested the executable RUU.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more