Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't scp directly on SD Card anymore...

Tip us?

ramislebob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't scp directly on SD Card anymore...

Hi,
I'm using Total Commander and the sftp plugin to download my music directly on the SD Card and then play it with the music player of Total Commander.
Since few days, I can't download anymore on the SD Card. Total Commander give me this error: "Error writing to target file!"
However I can download on the phone and then I've no issue to copy or move the file to the SD Card. It is boring to do the extra step...

This happened after an software update.
I've rooted my s4 and granted root access to Total Commander but I still have the same issue.
After rooting, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Total Commander sftp plugin but I still have the same issue.

I've tried to use Turbo Client that was also able to write on my SD Card before, and now it is throwing me an SftpException error

If I open a txt file from the SD card with gvim, I'm getting an error: "Unable to open swap file" (it tries to create a swap file .swp in the same folder but can't write)

Anybody have the same issue? Any idea why?
As I said, I'm still able to write on the Card from Total Commander but only to copy or move files...

Cheers.

Here is the detail of my phone:
Model number: GT-I9505
Baseband version: I9505XXUFNC4
Kernel: 3.4.0-481100
Build number: KOT49H.I9505XXUFNC4

ramislebob
Old
(Last edited by ramislebob; 27th April 2014 at 09:50 PM.) Reason: Samsung "My Files" app allows to do it
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hum... after looking a bit more it seems that the issue comes from either KitKat and the version 4.4.2 of Android or just from Samsung and their version.
Can someone clarify this please?
If I install a customed rom, will I be able to use my SD Card properly?
Which rom will you advised? I've never looked at them yet. I've just rooted my phone today hoping it will fix the bug...
Sooo disappointed to have done the update, I'll definitely not let the automatic updates anymore... I don't understand how this can happen...
Now basically I can copy file to my SD but only files. Can't create a folder, can't extract a zip... that sucks!!!

Edit: I can copy a folder from the internal storage to the Sd Card using Samsung "My Files" horrible app.
Better than nothing but still really annoying. If this is a Samsung issue, I'll definitely go for a customed ROM.

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramislebob View Post
Hum... after looking a bit more it seems that the issue comes from either KitKat and the version 4.4.2 of Android or just from Samsung and their version.
Can someone clarify this please?
If I install a customed rom, will I be able to use my SD Card properly?
Which rom will you advised? I've never looked at them yet. I've just rooted my phone today hoping it will fix the bug...
Sooo disappointed to have done the update, I'll definitely not let the automatic updates anymore... I don't understand how this can happen...
Now basically I can copy file to my SD but only files. Can't create a folder, can't extract a zip... that sucks!!!

Edit: I can copy a folder from the internal storage to the Sd Card using Samsung "My Files" horrible app.
Better than nothing but still really annoying. If this is a Samsung issue, I'll definitely go for a customed ROM.
Aways USE search button. First link....
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

ramislebob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
Aways USE search button. First link....
Yep, but I wouldn't have imagine it could come from the last version of Android...
using the search engine I've found the soluce I guess: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684188
cool, going to test this now.
sorry for the post... may help other android noobs

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramislebob View Post
sorry for the post... may help other android noobs
Not a problem, for that this thread exists.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505