Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will the new ota help make custom roms more stable?

Tip us?

CH1978
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Will the new ota help make custom roms more stable?

I was just wondering if now that there is a 4.4.2 ota out for the DNA that it will make the custom roms more stable? I updated to it and kept root and it doesn't seem to be any different and I hate the stock ui. Want to go back to a custom Rom but they all seem to have some issue or other that gets old over time so I end up crack flashing everything on here every few days haha.

voxuanvy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH1978 View Post
I was just wondering if now that there is a 4.4.2 ota out for the DNA that it will make the custom roms more stable? I updated to it and kept root and it doesn't seem to be any different and I hate the stock ui. Want to go back to a custom Rom but they all seem to have some issue or other that gets old over time so I end up crack flashing everything on here every few days haha.
For you : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560010

CH1978
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxuanvy View Post
Yea I saw that a couple days ago. Guess I worded it wrong. Now that the droid has a stock 4.4.2 will the developers be able to take whatever parts they need from it to fix the bugs etc on custom roms? Or will the DNA having the 4.4.2 radio and kernels etc will it make the custom roms such as the m7 and m8 ports and Google editions of 4.4.2 more stable?
The Following User Says Thank You to CH1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1472

DONATE TO ME
HTC did in fact release the 442 kernel source, so new 442 Roms will be stable and I can fix z and my beast mode kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CH1978
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
HTC did in fact release the 442 kernel source, so new 442 Roms will be stable and I can fix z and my beast mode kernel
Awesome!!!

crpalmer
Old
Thanks Meter 2000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
4.4.2 Sense based ROMs definitely should be much better. The CM based ones probably not a big difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to crpalmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CH1978
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
4.4.2 Sense based ROMs definitely should be much better. The CM based ones probably not a big difference.
how about the gpe m8 port?