Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HD BOOT ANIMATION][SPLASH] Blackout Custom "One" Pack

Tip us?
 
mrcr0nic
Old
(Last edited by mrcr0nic; 27th April 2014 at 03:10 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Wink [HD BOOT ANIMATION][SPLASH] Blackout Custom "One" Pack

Blackout One Pack Edited: png-optimized for speed/loading/size and added full preview

The theme is simple enough:

1) White htc "ONE" logo on black bg at splash (splash.zip)
2) fade in white htc "ONE" logo with 8 white loading bubbles transitioning to green before looping x8 until system startup (vzw_bootup.zip)
3) quick green htc "ONE" logo fade-out for shutdown. (hTC_downanimation.zip)

I've included the zip files referenced above as well a an animated .gif preview (full now)
The entire sequence is as follows: fade up white logo, load bubbles, go green, flash three times, repeat loading animation...

For the splash be sure to place in fastboot folder. from the cmd line enter "fastboot oem rebootRUU" and then "fastboot flash zip splash.zip" once the htc logo comes up in RUU mode and then "fastboot reboot" once you're done.

>>>For animations replace the current ones (typically names as per above) in your /system/customize/resource folder and be sure the permissions are set correctly. You'll need root (for animations) and S-OFF (for splash)


Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vzw_bootup-LQ Preview.gif
Views:	499
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	2711864  
Attached Files
File Type: zip splash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.96 MB, 55 views)
File Type: zip hTC_downanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (383.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: zip vzw_bootup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.46 MB, 49 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrcr0nic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
andrewnelson
Old
#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 384
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dhaka
Working good.
 
mikey2487
Old
#3  
mikey2487's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 511
Join Date: Mar 2011
do these need to be renamed bootanimation.zip and downanimation.zip to work? i my resource folder i do not have any files in there named like these files.

thanks
 
mrcr0nic
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487 View Post
do these need to be renamed bootanimation.zip and downanimation.zip to work? i my resource folder i do not have any files in there named like these files.

thanks
if you're running stock, these are the actual conventions. I haven't tried any, but if those are the names of the files in your directory then by all means..
 
mikey2487
Old
#5  
mikey2487's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 511
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcr0nic View Post
if you're running stock, these are the actual conventions. I haven't tried any, but if those are the names of the files in your directory then by all means..
I'm on viper, i tried doing it that way and renaming them to what they were in the resource tab but it didn't work, viper rom thou has a setting in their tweaks to add a boot animation and i did it that way and it worked. great animation by the way really digging it!
 
mrcr0nic
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487 View Post
I'm on viper, i tried doing it that way and renaming them to what they were in the resource tab but it didn't work, viper rom thou has a setting in their tweaks to add a boot animation and i did it that way and it worked. great animation by the way really digging it!
Awesome. Glad you liked it! Haven't switched over to a custom ROM just yet as I've heavily modified the stock one.. I suspected it was going to require ROM-specific settings. Liking Viper?
 
rcfx
Old
#7  
rcfx's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Apr 2010
Great!! Thanks!! Got rid of that nasty red verizon screen!
 
mikey2487
Old
#8  
mikey2487's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 511
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcr0nic View Post
Awesome. Glad you liked it! Haven't switched over to a custom ROM just yet as I've heavily modified the stock one.. I suspected it was going to require ROM-specific settings. Liking Viper?
What have you modified about it?!

Yeah I'm really liking it. I never really liked sense or tw that much I'm more of an aosp guy but this rom is pretty bithin. Waiting for cm or slim roms to come out with a build for this phone. Other than that its petty solid. Haven't had any issues with anything and they a have few dark themes which make it really nice
 
mrcr0nic
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 13
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2487 View Post
What have you modified about it?!

Yeah I'm really liking it. I never really liked sense or tw that much I'm more of an aosp guy but this rom is pretty bithin. Waiting for cm or slim roms to come out with a build for this phone. Other than that its petty solid. Haven't had any issues with anything and they a have few dark themes which make it really nice
This is actually the first time I've been off cm in a while.. I'm waiting for the lightweights as well.. Sense is definitely better than it was in the past, but I've shut off a lot. Hated tw.. Never ran a galaxy on anything other than aosp.. Really like the latest HTC..

Well if anyone had an animation or a mod question feel free. I swapped out the kernel, enabled all the great settings and froze everything else..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...