[ROM][05/16/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2.1::AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

cannothas

Jan 22, 2011
Durango
The only custom roms for the vivid that work with maps 6.10+ are holics, darkraider, and wcx...

All the others are based on the HTC sensation... Which is where the problem is...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

What about Kozmik's Elegancia? It isn't ported from sensation is it? I know this thread is pretty dead, might not see any response to this q any time soon :)

::Edit::
Well, I was wrong, it would appear that Elegancia is a sensation port

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

extremeit79

Jun 20, 2010
Shepparton
inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.26.502.56 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Faux005 Holiday Kernel

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via Goo Manager.

More Information :: Download:: Change Log
If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
Gday mate great rom I was wondering when sending a txt message I can only search via phone number not via name and when I go into contacts and click on the message icon beside the name it goes into sending a message but the number doesn't appear with it you still have to manually add the number is this just a setting ive overlooked ? Or something else thanks for your time keep up the good work.

XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX

Apr 26, 2012
Houston
www.ps3hax.net
Gday mate great rom I was wondering when sending a txt message I can only search via phone number not via name and when I go into contacts and click on the message icon beside the name it goes into sending a message but the number doesn't appear with it you still have to manually add the number is this just a setting ive overlooked ? Or something else thanks for your time keep up the good work.

This ROM is dead and most likely will not be updated

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

firestalker92

Mar 22, 2013
inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Faux005 Holiday Kernel

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.

if you could make a fix with the sense 3.6 gallery as well, this would be a perfect rom :D

Nitrosolid

Aug 1, 2012
HTC Vivid Virtuous Inquisition Wifi Problem

Hi, I just installed the virtuous inquisition custom rom on my htc vivid and i really like it and i really appreciate that you took the time to create this custom rom. The only problem that I see is that the wifi is not working. It says turning on but isnt turning on. Can you please help me fix this? Thanks

BTJustice

Nov 16, 2011
Hi, I just installed the virtuous inquisition custom rom on my htc vivid and i really like it and i really appreciate that you took the time to create this custom rom. The only problem that I see is that the wifi is not working. It says turning on but isnt turning on. Can you please help me fix this? Thanks

This ROM hasn't been updated in about two years, but to fix this, all you have to do is re-flash boot.img to get WiFi working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

• Faux005 Holiday Kernel

Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker

Device Specific Changelog

[5/16/12] Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.2.1:
    -Fixed "Automatically lock" option
    -Fixed some smaller bugs (e.g. Pixelated reboot icon)
    -Fixed OTA
    -Updated Nova to 1.1.3
    -Removed Quadlock, will be available as flashable mod to keep pure Virtuous
    -Removed some unnecessary fluff (330 MB's to 310 MB's)

[05/05/12] Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.2:
    -OTA updates via Goo-inside.me Manager
    -adb remount fixed
    -fixed some virtuous optimization scripts
    -Added QuadLock by socali
    -Added DSPManager
    -Added ICS Voice Search

• Signal Bars are not accurate
    • Wifi Hotspot/USB Tethering
    Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Download: http://goo.im/devs/cruzin_cruzing/mods/ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip

-

• Virtuous Team
    • IOMonster/thecubed
    • rafyvitto
    • synergye
    • contactwajeeh
    • kevsthabest
    • faux123
    Hm, seems like Wajeeh's got GPS sorted.
    Fixed GPS
    Latest build uploaded: http://d-h.st/d7b

Changelog: