[Q] Would anything bad happen if I flash Android 4.1.2 but use v4.23 bootloader?

OP Ariznottle

27th April 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Would I risk bricking my 2012 Nexus 7 doing so? Or is it safe to do it? Reason why I'm asking is because I don't like the slowness of Kit Kat and I want to downgrade back to 4.1.2 while retaining the v4.23 bootloader (I want to retain it just incase I want to flash something that doesn't support the older v3.41 bootloader). Pardon me if my question is ridiculous.

Thanks in advance.
27th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 83

329 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariznottle

Would I risk bricking my 2012 Nexus 7 doing so? Or is it safe to do it? Reason why I'm asking is because I don't like the slowness of Kit Kat and I want to downgrade back to 4.1.2 while retaining the v4.23 bootloader (I want to retain it just incase I want to flash something that doesn't support the older v3.41 bootloader). Pardon me if my question is ridiculous.

Thanks in advance.

Don't see any reason why it wouldn't work the worst that could happen is you get a bootloop in which case just restore a premade nandroid backup or fastboot flash a factory image

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
28th April 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,140

10,310 posts
More
I tried to flash 4.2.2 and had to downgrade the boot loader. Got errors trying to flash.

You may see the same thing. But flashing a boot loader takes 1 minute, piece of cake.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread