FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] My HTC X920D screen got broken :(

25th February 2014, 11:34 AM |#1  
Omar-STD's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi guys, how are you?

My lovely Butterfly fall on the street and the screen glass got broken from the down left side as you see the attached pics,

I contacted HTC for repairing they said it worth 220$ to repair the screen I was like what the ****

So I relied on myself and I found many websites providing supplies and parts for my phone, I will buy it and ship to where i'm living,

but I got a small question, is this part in the following link or the attached pic is the right part to replace my broken HTC screen ? I don't want

to buy the wrong part and btw my HTC Butterfly is X920D Taiwan made.

http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-htc-...n-version.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140224_002.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	2599648   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140224_013.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	2599649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Etrade.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	2599651  
 
 
25th February 2014, 12:34 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar-STD

Hi guys, how are you?

My lovely Butterfly fall on the street and the screen glass got broken from the down left side as you see the attached pics,

I contacted HTC for repairing they said it worth 220$ to repair the screen I was like what the ****

So I relied on myself and I found many websites providing supplies and parts for my phone, I will buy it and ship to where i'm living,

but I got a small question, is this part in the following link or the attached pic is the right part to replace my broken HTC screen ? I don't want

to buy the wrong part and btw my HTC Butterfly is X920D Taiwan made.

http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-htc-...n-version.html


mine got broken too we are same model x920d lol got replaced not by HTC its order basis around 150$ just buy x920d because there are many variants of butterfly goodluck
25th February 2014, 02:30 PM |#3  
Omar-STD's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpathofpain

mine got broken too we are same model x920d lol got replaced not by HTC its order basis around 150$ just buy x920d because there are many variants of butterfly goodluck


Thanks for your reply, but you mean buy another x920d phone better? I can see that part cost 65$ on the website I included in my thread maybe it's not the right part !
25th February 2014, 02:56 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar-STD

Thanks for your reply, but you mean buy another x920d phone better? I can see that part cost 65$ on the website I included in my thread maybe it's not the right part !



nope buy full lcd because i thought mine got broken front glass but touch works so the technician advice to buy full lcd cost around 150$ due to the S-LCD so sensitive and easy to break the de-attached to the housing
25th February 2014, 04:08 PM |#5  
Omar-STD's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpathofpain

nope buy full lcd because i thought mine got broken front glass but touch works so the technician advice to buy full lcd cost around 150$ due to the S-LCD so sensitive and easy to break the de-attached to the housing

Man really thank you, but can you just tell me if any of these is the full LCD as you mentioned:

http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-htc-...n-version.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-htc-...n-version.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Display-...item2a348d1fb4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Display-...item2a342849c2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frame-Lcd-di...item2332874b93

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-LCD...-/281160679736


Thanks so much
26th February 2014, 05:48 PM |#7  
Omar-STD's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpathofpain

the two links of etradesupply

Thanks Man
25th April 2014, 03:04 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
do you guys have any video or guide to change to screen?
28th April 2014, 02:09 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
any ideas? Is it the same as Droid DNA?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes