Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Secure booting Error! after official update - TWRP installed

OP Cal_ab

26th April 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
More
This morning my LG V500 offered a software update. I started the update process without thinking. When the tablet restarted to install the update I saw the LG logo and then was greeted with the following message on the screen:

Secure booting Error!
Cause : Device Unlock!, so Boot Success!!!

...after which I end up at the TWRP screen.

This happens every time I restart the tablet.

Before the update, I had Android 4.2.2 installed with kernel v3.4.0. I had installed TWRP v2.6.3.1 to root my phone. I have NO custom ROMs installed.

I'd prefer not to restart from scratch, but I guess that I can do a Factory Reset, Advanced Wipe or Format Data from TWRP to restore functionality to my tablet.

Any ideas on how I can avoid losing all my customizations?
26th April 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

129 posts
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal_ab

This morning my LG V500 offered a software update. I started the update process without thinking. When the tablet restarted to install the update I saw the LG logo and then was greeted with the following message on the screen:

Secure booting Error!

...after which I end up at the TWRP screen.

This happens every time I restart the tablet.

Before the update, I had Android 4.2.2 installed with kernel v3.4.0. I had installed TWRP v2.6.3.1 to root my phone. I have NO custom ROMs installed.

I'd prefer not to restart from scratch, but I guess that I can do a Factory Reset, Advanced Wipe or Format Data from TWRP to restore functionality to my tablet.

Any ideas on how I can avoid losing all my customizations?

What all have you tried?

A simple shut down and re-start possibly could fix it. Just a guess, but worth a try. You should update to TWRP's latest also.
Last edited by Cal; 26th April 2014 at 04:07 PM.
27th April 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
Flag NYC

3 posts
Unhappy same problem here
Same problem as original poster, just I was on 2.7.0.0 TWRP. Upgraded to 2.7.0.1 - same problem.

Restored from previous TWRP backup - same problem. Installed custom ROM - SAME PROBLEM!

Out of options at this point. HELP!
27th April 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #4  

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g---man

Same problem as original poster, just I was on 2.7.0.0 TWRP. Upgraded to 2.7.0.1 - same problem.

Restored from previous TWRP backup - same problem. Installed custom ROM - SAME PROBLEM!

Out of options at this point. HELP!

Ever since I rooted I've had that. In fact if you watch Ytube's video about rooting an LG G Tab, you will see guy say "Don't know what that is - but all works.

Now on a transformer101 I didn't see that.

But frankly, so what? You don't go to recovery that much -- that is the only time it shows.
27th April 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag NYC

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123

Ever since I rooted I've had that. In fact if you watch Ytube's video about rooting an LG G Tab, you will see guy say "Don't know what that is - but all works.

Now on a transformer101 I didn't see that.

But frankly, so what? You don't go to recovery that much -- that is the only time it shows.

Cal-123 - issue here is not just information message, but boot loop. No matter what I tried - it goes to main TWRP screen.

Looks like solution is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2622034&page=2 , will post update when done
27th April 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Calgary

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal_ab

Secure booting Error!

I did a recovery with the LG tools. All my data was backed up so it wasn't a huge deal for me. I can't even remember why I rooted my GPad in the first place.
28th April 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #7  

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g---man

Cal-123 - issue here is not just information message, but boot loop. No matter what I tried - it goes to main TWRP screen.

Looks like solution is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2622034&page=2 , will post update when done

I Hope you worked things out, but your problem possibly could be that some Roms have a built-in recovery option - by that, I mean instead of just rebooting, they will boot into recovery. You might ck. that to see if it is enabled. This "SlimKat" ROM has the feature.

Good luck!
28th April 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #8  
Flag NYC

3 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-123

I Hope you worked things out, but your problem possibly could be that some Roms have a built-in recovery option - by that, I mean instead of just rebooting, they will boot into recovery. You might ck. that to see if it is enabled. This "SlimKat" ROM has the feature.

Good luck!

Cal-123, thanks, I was restoring backup done with TWRP - same problem (rebooting to TWRP screen, not to system). Still don't know root cause, but problem was resolved by flashing stock KK update by using B2CApp. Obviously root is gone, so back to reading forum

At least can play Deer Hunter again

Cheers!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
update
Previous Thread Next Thread