Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 35,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accidentally wiped system and can't install rom in cwm or spflash

Tip us?

spfabioh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Accidentally wiped system and can't install rom in cwm or spflash

Hello,

I searched in many threads as I could and although I learned that mediatek phones were virtually "unbrikable", I'm afraid it keeps getting worse and won't do more without your expertise.

So a few days ago I was wiping my phone to install another rom and besides wiping data and cache, I also made the huge mistake of wiping SYSTEM... My phone now just boots into recovery and nothing else.

I have an Efox Smart e4, equals to no.1 s6 and hdc galaxy s4 according to other posts here. MTK 6589, 1gb internal, 1,84gb internal sd.
The first custom rom that i installed was Essefour no.1 s6 by iceman and also the touch recovery. The rom performed great but I wanted to solve the issue that the phone kept switching between sd external and internal randomly. Also, I wanted to merge the internal memory with the internal sd so I was gonna try another rom. With this problem, was even trying the stock rom but to no avail.

When I try to install the Smart e4 factory rom for cwm and I get status 7.
Quote:
E:Resource type (image) failed to load
Installing /sdcard/SMART-E4_V1.0_V01_2013-10-29_CWM.zip
Checking for MD5 file
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
... Writing boot...
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
Error in /sdcard/SMART-E4_V1.0_V01_2013-10-29_CWM.zip
(Status 7)
Other roms it just fails.

Right now, my computer windows 8.1 x64 can't identify correctly my phone, only access the sd. So can't do any adb push. In download mode it identifies as lenovo composite interface?? and cdc serial, the last I can't install. In other modes, I get gt-9500 but with the yellow triangle.

I would really really appreciate any help, thanks!

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Might try to just edit the updater-script and remove the asserts.

Reference this for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522762

But I think your issue is that since you wiped the system, there's no /tmp folder to store the boot.img. However, if the last rom and this rom can use the same kernel (boot.img) then removing the assert for the boot.img install might do it since wiping the system does not affect the kernel.

What happened to the other rom you know is working somewhat? Can you just reflash that?

Otherwise, you'll just have to find the official way to flash with the scatter file and all that.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spfabioh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I searched for that updater and there are no lines for assert on the stock rom. Also inside the main zip, there are zips for system, boot, recovery and logo...

I'm trying to install the stock rom to play it safe since it was the same that came with the phone. The previous rom I talked about, I deleted it and now the phone isn't recognized on the computer..

Since I don't know if they have the same kernels, is it safe to try and reinstall the custom rom?

As of using scatter and such, maybe I need other pc to get the drivers running again.

Will let you know

spfabioh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got it!!

The zip from the stock rom wouldn't let me install the kernel (boot). Managed to install only the rom, and as you said the kernel wasn't the same.
Eventually I reinstalled the custom rom and afterwards flashed a completely different rom via spflash tools since it connected successfully to my computer this time.

As I'm already restoring apps and data, I think everything is working properly.

Once more, thank you very much