FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Does anyone use any of HTC's stock apps?

27th April 2014, 11:49 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I recently converted back to Android with the M8 (went from OG Droid to iPhone 4S and now back again) and I'm just looking at the huge amount of apps HTC includes. Does anyone prefer the stock app to other Google Play options?

Also, would anyone recommend the HTC Backup? I looked at it, but I have no experience with it; I do know it's better than Verizon's "cloud" though!
 
 
27th April 2014, 11:51 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
If Google has an alternarive, I'll use it. They're a better software company.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th April 2014, 11:59 PM |#3  
freelockuk's Avatar
Senior Member
liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
the HTC Backup is very good
if you flash alot like me.
only works with sense roms.
set everything back messages apps texts.
28th April 2014, 12:38 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelockuk

the HTC Backup is very good
if you flash alot like me.
only works with sense roms.
set everything back messages apps texts.

Does it restore messages if you use a 3rd party SMS app? That actually sounds really useful...
28th April 2014, 02:00 AM |#5  
v-b-n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 792
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacwilliam

Does it restore messages if you use a 3rd party SMS app? That actually sounds really useful...

Starting with Kitkat, message store is central and handled by the OS, not the individual apps ... thats why you can only have one single app for messaging enabled at any one time in 4.4
28th April 2014, 02:03 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n

Starting with Kitkat, message store is central and handled by the OS, not the individual apps ... thats why you can only have one single app for messaging enabled at any one time in 4.4

Wow seriously, that's fantastic! I guess I'll be using their backup then!
28th April 2014, 03:01 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacwilliam

I recently converted back to Android with the M8 (went from OG Droid to iPhone 4S and now back again) and I'm just looking at the huge amount of apps HTC includes. Does anyone prefer the stock app to other Google Play options?

Also, would anyone recommend the HTC Backup? I looked at it, but I have no experience with it; I do know it's better than Verizon's "cloud" though!

I'd recommend SMS backup and Restore. It's what i've been using since as long as I can remember.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes