Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some questions regarding this tablet.

Tip us?

BurnRubber90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 479
Default Some questions regarding this tablet.

Hey XDA, i'm a student from Ecuador.
This year at my school, we're required to have a tablet for digital texts. I was looking at the options available here (as school starts in less than a week, so that takes away the chance of importing any tablet), and while looking i came across this device at a Sony shop.
I'm interested on it, but i have some questions that the Sony rep couldn't answer me.
Is this tablet pretty fragile? I had a Nexus 7 (2012 model) which broke pretty quick, and i really don't have money to buy two tablets in a year.
How's the performance on the long term? It doesn't degrades like the Nexus 7?
Are there any better options than this device?
How good is Sony on updates? It would be really good if my tab was on par with my Nexus 4, Android version wise.
And lastly, how good are the speakers? I can't give an opinion of it because the place was overcrowded.
Thanks!
Current Devices:
HTC Sensation (Venom ROM Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2, Stock Kernel @ 1.5GHz)
Asus Nexus 7 (16GB) (Stock, Android 4.4.2, Stock Kernel @ 1.5GHz)
Nexus 4 (8GB) (Paranoid Android Beta 4, Android 4.4.2, Stock kernel @ 1.5GHz)
Sony Xperia Tablet Z (16GB) (Stock, Android 4.3, Stock Kernel @ 1.5GHz)

donedos
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnRubber90 View Post
Hey XDA, i'm a student from Ecuador.
This year at my school, we're required to have a tablet for digital texts. I was looking at the options available here (as school starts in less than a week, so that takes away the chance of importing any tablet), and while looking i came across this device at a Sony shop.
I'm interested on it, but i have some questions that the Sony rep couldn't answer me.
Is this tablet pretty fragile? I had a Nexus 7 (2012 model) which broke pretty quick, and i really don't have money to buy two tablets in a year.
How's the performance on the long term? It doesn't degrades like the Nexus 7?
Are there any better options than this device?
How good is Sony on updates? It would be really good if my tab was on par with my Nexus 4, Android version wise.
And lastly, how good are the speakers? I can't give an opinion of it because the place was overcrowded.
Thanks!
-If you'll use it as digital text its perfect i believe.. It has small apps for taking notes while reading a book in your tablet..
-You can't compare the nexus device to any other device for updates.. As we all know nexus devices receives the update first.. But in fairness to the tablet z, i bougth i with 4.1.2>>4.2.2>>4.3>>4.4.2... I think it's not bad.. Although some of us here are impatiently waiting for updates..
-Fragility i guess is up to the user. It depends how you use your device..
-In my opinion Xperia Tablet Z is better than nexus 7( but nexus 7 is more handy in size..)
-I Suggest use buy a Bluetooth speaker as an external speaker if you are in a noisy crowd,.

Hope it helps you.,
The Following User Says Thank You to donedos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]