FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] I need a little help with CyanogenMOD.

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 31
 
By CrimsonCrap, Senior Member on 27th April 2014, 12:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I was trying to install cm10.1 and these were the instructions.
----------------------------------------------------
" HOWTO

Install instructions:
first time
1- power off the phone:
2- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
3- fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
4- fastboot reboot
5- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
6- flash rom zip
7- flash gapps zip
8- wipe
9- reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link for the thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2414312
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am stuck on step 3.Can someone explain in detail what i have to do in this step?.Also how do I get the mentioned file from cm10 zip?.Where would I find the cm10 zip?


Any sort of help is welcome but a detailed solution would be very appreciated.
Thanks.
Last edited by CrimsonCrap; 27th April 2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Improved readability.
 
 
27th April 2014, 12:49 PM |#2  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Talking Flash With flashtool
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCrap

So I was trying to install cm10.1 and these were the instructions.
----------------------------------------------------
" HOWTO

Install instructions:
first time
1- power off the phone:
2- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
3- fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
4- fastboot reboot
5- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
6- flash rom zip
7- flash gapps zip
8- wipe
9- reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link for the thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2414312
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am stuck on step 3.Can someone explain in detail what i have to do in this step?.Also how do I get the mentioned file from cm10 zip?.Where would I find the cm10 zip?


Any sort of help is welcome but a detailed solution would be very appreciated.
Thanks.

open cm10 zip u will find boot.img file extract it and flash it with flashtool
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 01:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001

open cm10 zip u will find boot.img file extract it and flash it with flashtool

Do you mean the cm zip that I downloaded?
27th April 2014, 01:28 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
I found a pretty detailed explaination through some googling.

here is the thread I found : http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_huashan

I'm gonna go flash CM now and will post an update soon to confirm if I was succesful or not.
27th April 2014, 01:34 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
IT WORKED!
27th April 2014, 01:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
@slogger001
Thanks for the help slogger001.My confusion was with the cm10 zip as I thought it was a seperate file.It turns out that the cm10 meant "cm10.1 huashan zip" that I downloaded.I extracted the boot.img from that and fastboot flashed it.After that I followed all the instructions and now I have a CM10.1 XSP .

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCrap For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 04:14 AM |#7  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Cool my pleasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCrap

Thanks for the help slogger001.My confusion was with the cm10 zip as I thought it was a seperate file.It turns out that the cm10 meant "cm10.1 huashan zip" that I downloaded.I extracted the boot.img from that and fastboot flashed it.After that I followed all the instructions and now I have a CM10.1 XSP .

Thanks again.

welcome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes