Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC One (M8) bootloop

OP Vsolon7

28th April 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I flashed a custom rom, and I have TWRP for the recovery mode, I'm assuming its because I didn't wipe the dalvik cache.

It turns on and is on the HTC screen (with powered by android at the bottom, the one it shows when turning on) but it stays on it forever and holding down the power button does nothing, do I just wait for the battery to run out, and boot to recovery and try again?
28th April 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,438

3,361 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsolon7

I flashed a custom rom, and I have TWRP for the recovery mode, I'm assuming its because I didn't wipe the dalvik cache.

It turns on and is on the HTC screen (with powered by android at the bottom, the one it shows when turning on) but it stays on it forever and holding down the power button does nothing, do I just wait for the battery to run out, and boot to recovery and try again?

to reboot to recovery:

Press and hold Power and volume Up until the phone shuts off
When the screen shuts off, let go of power/volume up and press and hold volume down until bootloader comes up.
Select recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad

to reboot to recovery:

Press and hold Power and volume Up until the phone shuts off
When the screen shuts off, let go of power/volume up and press and hold volume down until bootloader comes up.
Select recovery.

Okay, that works, I guess its just the ROM that's messed up. I'm going to try a new one and see how that goes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread