Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,605 Members 43,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One (M8) bootloop

Tip us?

Vsolon7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] HTC One (M8) bootloop

I flashed a custom rom, and I have TWRP for the recovery mode, I'm assuming its because I didn't wipe the dalvik cache.

It turns on and is on the HTC screen (with powered by android at the bottom, the one it shows when turning on) but it stays on it forever and holding down the power button does nothing, do I just wait for the battery to run out, and boot to recovery and try again?

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1390

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsolon7 View Post
I flashed a custom rom, and I have TWRP for the recovery mode, I'm assuming its because I didn't wipe the dalvik cache.

It turns on and is on the HTC screen (with powered by android at the bottom, the one it shows when turning on) but it stays on it forever and holding down the power button does nothing, do I just wait for the battery to run out, and boot to recovery and try again?
to reboot to recovery:

Press and hold Power and volume Up until the phone shuts off
When the screen shuts off, let go of power/volume up and press and hold volume down until bootloader comes up.
Select recovery.
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 everything explained thread for teh noobs

The Following User Says Thank You to exad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vsolon7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
to reboot to recovery:

Press and hold Power and volume Up until the phone shuts off
When the screen shuts off, let go of power/volume up and press and hold volume down until bootloader comes up.
Select recovery.
Okay, that works, I guess its just the ROM that's messed up. I'm going to try a new one and see how that goes