Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Small OTA update (5.59MB) D800

Tip us?
 
SuperSport
Old
(Last edited by SuperSport; 11th April 2014 at 12:12 AM.)
#11  
SuperSport's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 2,953
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
I've been using EaseBackup Pro for my backups. It's simple and has just worked for what I need. I've used Titanium Backup in the past, and messed with MyBackup Pro, Carbon and a few others.

-Daryel
Thanks for the reply. I also use EasyBackup Pro, but it also has some problems getting a full backup of the Apps to my Cloud. The SMS/MMS backup is flawless on EasyBackup! That's my preferred for those.

EDIT: Oops, I just saw my mistake. EASEbackup, not EASYbackup. I'll take a look at that one now.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX
 
alouden
Old
(Last edited by alouden; 14th April 2014 at 10:32 PM.)
#12  
alouden's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 229
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Where the Streets Have No Name
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
This is supposed to enable Tap and Pay for Google Wallet...

https://plus.google.com/114105494557...ts/gNCUZgwcnRQ

-Daryel
Could this patch be ported to any other (T-mobile) variant?
Current device: AT&T LG G2 (D800)...for now
 
PuttsMoBilesiCit
Old
#13  
PuttsMoBilesiCit's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Lenox, IL

 
DONATE TO ME
How do I install this update?

I downloaded the fota, put it in "/cache/fota/update.zip" and it still wont run.

Any help?
 
Tremulant1
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Anyone out there that can make this a flashable zip? or cook it into a rom? I would if I knew how
 
daryelv
Old
#15  
daryelv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 392
Posts: 804
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vacaville, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremulant1 View Post
Anyone out there that can make this a flashable zip? or cook it into a rom? I would if I knew how
This would require quite a bit of work. The update contains a dlpkgfile which nobody has figured out how to decompress. It's not a normal zip, bzip, gzip, lzip, lhzip, or anything I can decompress. Looking through the file's data it's obvious that it's compressed using opensource code, but LG must have put their own "spin" on it.

About the only thing I can think of doing to extract the changes would be to do a fresh factory reset, go through all the updates and take a snapshot of the /system partition prior to this small update, do the update, and then take another snapshot after the update. Using some file comparison tools such as Meld in Linux I can compare the before/after to capture the differences. Totally possible to do, just very time consuming. Here's the rough steps if someone wants to do it themselves...

1. revert back to D80010d (LGFlashtool)
2. use OTA process to upgrade to 80020c
3. root using IOroot25
4. take a snapshot of /system partition using "dd"
5. use OTA process to upgrade to 80020k
6. take a second snapshot of /system partition using "dd"
7. mount snapshots on Linux desktop
8. compare mounted snapshots using Meld

This will only capture differences on the /system partition. If there are updates to other partitions then those partitions would also have to extracted and compared as well.

-Daryel
- LG G2 D800 -
- 2 Nexus Flo -
 
Tremulant1
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
This would require quite a bit of work. The update contains a dlpkgfile which nobody has figured out how to decompress. It's not a normal zip, bzip, gzip, lzip, lhzip, or anything I can decompress. Looking through the file's data it's obvious that it's compressed using opensource code, but LG must have put their own "spin" on it.

About the only thing I can think of doing to extract the changes would be to do a fresh factory reset, go through all the updates and take a snapshot of the /system partition prior to this small update, do the update, and then take another snapshot after the update. Using some file comparison tools such as Meld in Linux I can compare the before/after to capture the differences. Totally possible to do, just very time consuming. Here's the rough steps if someone wants to do it themselves...

1. revert back to D80010d (LGFlashtool)
2. use OTA process to upgrade to 80020c
3. root using IOroot25
4. take a snapshot of /system partition using "dd"
5. use OTA process to upgrade to 80020k
6. take a second snapshot of /system partition using "dd"
7. mount snapshots on Linux desktop
8. compare mounted snapshots using Meld

This will only capture differences on the /system partition. If there are updates to other partitions then those partitions would also have to extracted and compared as well.

-Daryel
Thats way over my head lol I wish I knew Linux!
 
Ae3NerdGod
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Apr 2014
Tutorial yea linux is hard :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremulant1 View Post
Thats way over my head lol I wish I knew Linux!
just type some stuff and it works

thats what happens for me

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...