FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

Xperia Z2 Software Upgrades

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Raggi01, Member on 26th April 2014, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys!
Just wondering, how is sony on upgrading there devices to the newest versions of android? Prolonging the life of my phone is important for me and the longevity of the phone in terms of software updates/ROMS is going to be my deciding factor between the one m8 and the z2 (even though yes, I know, the Z2 has a superior camera but I would like to have the newest versions of android). Im lead to believe that the Z1 has not received a 4.4.2 update from Sony but that there are a small amount of 4.4.2 roms? I also saw that the Z1 has a very very small amount of roms which got me worried about he Z2's development community? Please comment!

27th April 2014, 12:42 AM |#2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Z1 has 4.4.2 now. Z2 comes with it also. However, Sony historically is late with updates.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th April 2014, 01:08 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,957

Donate to Me
More
That actually changed recently. Sony was pretty quick with the updates and some older/low tier devices are also getting updated.
Just take a look at Z1 update history.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
27th April 2014, 02:13 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How's the development sector though? Is it atleast guaranteed to have roms for the next 3+ android updates?
27th April 2014, 09:47 AM |#5  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Maybe late but than you don't have problems. Samsung ist fast but always with problems.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 10:31 AM |#6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Sorry I beg to differ that Samsung is fast. Both note 2 and note 3 are still waiting for the KitKat updates. In fact, note 2 only received the 4.3 update end of last year.
27th April 2014, 03:35 PM |#7  
Flag Berlin

More
So Samsung is fast with its flagship[emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5210 mit Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 04:03 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Don't let HTC fool you either. They're fast to release their updates lately, but with lots of problems that take several updates to correct (if at all).
28th April 2014, 06:14 AM |#9  
Flag Berlin

More
At end of day all of them are the same. Some do it fast with problems and some are late.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread