Battery and Mobile Data Problem

Search This thread

rijulg

Feb 18, 2014
moradabad
I have encountered 2 problems with my mobile I.e. samasung galaxy s4 i9500 runniny omega rom v20. They are as following:

1.I switched off my phone after charging it 100%, and when I switched it on after about 5-6 hours it had only 80% battery. I don't know how it lost 20% battery when it wasn't even on!

2.The mobile data both 2g/3g keeps ob activating itself from time to time even when I manually switch it off, I think maybe some app is doing this but I am not sure. I do not know how to check what is causing this problem, as this even causes massive battery drain.

I realised the data problem day before yesterday and the battety drain upon switch off yesterday, I can't help but think they are somehow connected but again I am not sure and don't know how to proceed to slove thr problem.

Any input would be extremely helpful, please reply soon as I am losing money over mobile data and am unable to carry my mobile away from charger for significant duration of time.

erkanibrahim

Apr 26, 2014
Battery problem seems visual applications

I have encountered 2 problems with my mobile I.e. samasung galaxy s4 i9500 runniny omega rom v20. They are as following:

1.I switched off my phone after charging it 100%, and when I switched it on after about 5-6 hours it had only 80% battery. I don't know how it lost 20% battery when it wasn't even on!

2.The mobile data both 2g/3g keeps ob activating itself from time to time even when I manually switch it off, I think maybe some app is doing this but I am not sure. I do not know how to check what is causing this problem, as this even causes massive battery drain.

I realised the data problem day before yesterday and the battety drain upon switch off yesterday, I can't help but think they are somehow connected but again I am not sure and don't know how to proceed to slove thr problem.

Any input would be extremely helpful, please reply soon as I am losing money over mobile data and am unable to carry my mobile away from charger for significant duration of time.

Hi,
First i dont have any idea about mobile data case.i always use wifi throught my wifi modem,but i can say a lot about battery matter coz i have a lot of case about it.infact my old battery was change at service with new one.
Well when i bought phone everything perfect battery draining i normal even low.but after i contuniuesly install application it getting bad.i mean not so bad but not like first time i use.Especially after i upgrade my android from 4.2.2 up to 4.3 then 4.4 it become worst.Battery drainin like crazy even like u said while phone switch of battery still drainin and without using phone i lost %10 sometimes %15 percent.İf i turn on not use (just on stand by with screen locked) i sleep at 10 and morning 7 already become 35% (From %95).Anyway i went to Samsung service many time.They complain to me that (Android 4.3 and above is take a lot of memory!!!and it effect to battery draining).Sure im not bieleve it.I know very well that Android cant effect up to this point.They change my battery.Still same.Nothing change.A few days later i start to thınk that one of my application cost this draining.Then i start to uninstall my applications one by one (especially visual applications like living Wallpapers,Clock Gadgets,Weather gadgets,dll).Finally i found the application which cost fast draining.It was "animated clock widget" and i never install it again.
So what i advise to you that uninstall all ur visual applications.Yeah maybe with this kind of application the visual on ur phone looking perfect but if u need battery in daytime it will be huge problem for u.For example just think that u install weather gadget and this widget need "GPS on" for see ur current location and giving u a weather data.if u dnt want to uninstall,at least buy one big capacity power bank and keep it on ur left hand as u keep ur phone on your right hand.
Hope it s normal again.Thanks...

rijulg

Feb 18, 2014
moradabad
Hi,
First i dont have any idea about mobile data case.i always use wifi throught my wifi modem,but i can say a lot about battery matter coz i have a lot of case about it.infact my old battery was change at service with new one.
Well when i bought phone everything perfect battery draining i normal even low.but after i contuniuesly install application it getting bad.i mean not so bad but not like first time i use.Especially after i upgrade my android from 4.2.2 up to 4.3 then 4.4 it become worst.Battery drainin like crazy even like u said while phone switch of battery still drainin and without using phone i lost %10 sometimes %15 percent.İf i turn on not use (just on stand by with screen locked) i sleep at 10 and morning 7 already become 35% (From %95).Anyway i went to Samsung service many time.They complain to me that (Android 4.3 and above is take a lot of memory!!!and it effect to battery draining).Sure im not bieleve it.I know very well that Android cant effect up to this point.They change my battery.Still same.Nothing change.A few days later i start to thınk that one of my application cost this draining.Then i start to uninstall my applications one by one (especially visual applications like living Wallpapers,Clock Gadgets,Weather gadgets,dll).Finally i found the application which cost fast draining.It was "animated clock widget" and i never install it again.
So what i advise to you that uninstall all ur visual applications.Yeah maybe with this kind of application the visual on ur phone looking perfect but if u need battery in daytime it will be huge problem for u.For example just think that u install weather gadget and this widget need "GPS on" for see ur current location and giving u a weather data.if u dnt want to uninstall,at least buy one big capacity power bank and keep it on ur left hand as u keep ur phone on your right hand.
Hope it s normal again.Thanks...

That had been my first thought, but after closing all apps and not using phone even when it is turned on it drained only 1% or 2% battery in an hour, this was the case 2 days back. I don't think anything new is there on my phone since then; But still mobile data keeps on turning on itself and battery is draining even when phone is switched off. I am thinking, would a reinstall of rom be more helpful? Or uninstalling all apps one at a time?

erkanibrahim

Apr 26, 2014
That had been my first thought, but after closing all apps and not using phone even when it is turned on it drained only 1% or 2% battery in an hour, this was the case 2 days back. I don't think anything new is there on my phone since then; But still mobile data keeps on turning on itself and battery is draining even when phone is switched off. I am thinking, would a reinstall of rom be more helpful? Or uninstalling all apps one at a time?
This is not only about installing application brother.Just think.U install one widget (Can be clock widget or "animated clock")that widget will only take place in ur widget menu,as long as u not use that widget.but after u place that widget on ur home screen,everything going to change.Like ur cpu,ram and battery usage.And no matter u use ur phone or "its screen lock mode",application still contunie to drain ur battery.(Generally people put some widgets to their Home screen for gettin cool home screen but as i told u,u can find other solution,if battery issue not problem for u.Like power bank.)So coz i had same issue,with my experience all i can say to u that first,try to install all widget application which install on ur system,Second be sure,after use application clear ur ram.
About Reinstall rom...i just did this process yesterday.i mean install room.coz i made a bad mistake while i root my phone and swap my memory.Phone dont wont boot even.and i downloaded Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 firmware (Rom) and install it with odin.Everything went perfect.I success the install original room than after some steps my phone boot again.it was looking just the day i bought.There is no more root access,not any application before i install,and same widgets and applications which i seen when i bought my phone.For sure it will solve ur problem for a while but it will repeat after your install process for your old application.