The Battery Behind the Samsung S6 and S6 Edge

more

Samsung S6 and S6 Edge Performance

more

Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay

The post Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay appeared first on … more

Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3

The post Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3 appeared first on … more

Radio

OP DREWHAMM974

28th April 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens, Alabama
Thanks Meter: 583

709 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay this may seem entirely stupid,but coming from mostly Nexus devices I haven't had to worry about radio bands so please excuse me. If I was to flash the AT&T radio would it enable the bands that are not enabled now or is this controlled by hardware?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39

549 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWHAMM974

Okay this may seem entirely stupid,but coming from mostly Nexus devices I haven't had to worry about radio bands so please excuse me. If I was to flash the AT&T radio would it enable the bands that are not enabled now or is this controlled by hardware?

If your talking about trying to put an at&t radio on a different carrier phone like tmobile, verizon or sprint, dont do it. It will not change your phone to work on at&t because its the hardware that is different.

You can use a tmobile phone on at&t though I dont think you will get at&t LTE though, I think you will get the HSPA and 3g data.

If this is the case trade your phone off or sell it and get an at&t one if you want at&t you would be better off.
28th April 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23

384 posts
You can also dowload any radio apps from play store.
28th April 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens, Alabama
Thanks Meter: 583

709 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford

If your talking about trying to put an at&t radio on a different carrier phone like tmobile, verizon or sprint, dont do it. It will not change your phone to work on at&t because its the hardware that is different.

You can use a tmobile phone on at&t though I dont think you will get at&t LTE though, I think you will get the HSPA and 3g data.

If this is the case trade your phone off or sell it and get an at&t one if you want at&t you would be better
off.

I'm receiving 4g and if I turn it to LTE only I never lose it. But then I can't make or receive phone calls. As soon as I switch to gsm/wcdma/lte I'm consistently switching between LTE and H+. Is there any way to get it to stock on LTE? Also, the reason I'm not selling it is we're getting 4G in my town on t-Mobile at the end of May but right now it's only Edge. So I'm using an unlocked T-Mobile one with straight talk until that happens. I'm stuck on contract with then because I have three phones to pay off,also everywhere else around me has t-Mobile 4g just not my town

28th April 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 33

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson

You can also dowload any radio apps from play store.

FACEPALM!
The Following User Says Thank You to mm79k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 220

1,306 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm79k

FACEPALM!

DOH !!
The Following User Says Thank You to boe323 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread