How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

water resistance and speaker.

OP PC Jona

13th April 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Oooh Ok. I took mine out 4 times, vids & pics. Underwater. 1st 3 times worked like a charm, and we only used it for a short time. When you 1st go under the screen jumps around a bit. It settles after a quick second. The 4th time I took it to a water park, and had it out in the sun for about 5-6 hours. That killed it. Phone still worked, but screen went way dim. Had to use a flashlight to see it. Vids & pics were great though. Down water slides and all. So much fun with this phone. Just can't get too carried away. My bad for the wrong verbiage. I do attest this thing will create memories.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215

Actually its not waterproof and was never touted to be. It is certified to be IP67 Water Resistant. Which means that it is dust tight and can be immersed in 1m of water for 30 minutes and it should be ok. Water proof would mean that it would be able to withstand any degree of water. If anybody is interested this page has a pretty good description and chart of what Ingress Protection is and what the numbers mean.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Water...-water_id53205

Have to to say though, its pretty inpressive how far up the S5 is on the chart. It is narrowing in on water proof territory.

Oooh Ok. I took mine out 4 times, vids & pics. Underwater. 1st 3 times worked like a charm, and we only used it for a short time. When you 1st go under the screen jumps around a bit. It settles after a quick second. The 4th time I took it to a water park, and had it out in the sun for about 5-6 hours. That killed it. Phone still worked, but screen went way dim. Had to use a flashlight to see it. Vids & pics were great though. Down water slides and all. So much fun with this phone. Just can't get too carried away. My bad for the wrong verbiage. I do attest this thing will create memories.
Sorry for double post; haven't been on here for a while.

Sent from my C6916 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th April 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 58

858 posts
Actually the phone can withstand some pretty abusive water tests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9J611BuXhw

I went into my pool with it today just to test it. Worked great! Water proof means it can withstand water for an unlimited amount time, but doesn't mean its water proof in any condition.
18th April 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 604

1,599 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed

Actually the phone can withstand some pretty abusive water tests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9J611BuXhw

I went into my pool with it today just to test it. Worked great! Water proof means it can withstand water for an unlimited amount time, but doesn't mean its water proof in any condition.

even more abuse....plus screen is already cracked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKUz6xLcwZw
24th April 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #14  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 9

98 posts
More
3ft of water for an hour works perfectly no issues, speaker was funny but 2 mins of a hair dryer with no battery cover or battery and a restart fixed that.....in my opinion that's waterproof. How much more could u possibly need honestly

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #15  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 12

111 posts
More
I have been wanting to try this so bad, but kinda scared too lol. I have read a lot of people being able to take their phones into a pool or something successfully.

Question, if the back and power cover are sealed correctly, will Samsung warranty the phone if it gets wet and stops working?
24th April 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #16  

858 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcityrain

I have been wanting to try this so bad, but kinda scared too lol. I have read a lot of people being able to take their phones into a pool or something successfully.

Question, if the back and power cover are sealed correctly, will Samsung warranty the phone if it gets wet and stops working?

How would they know if the back and power cover "were indeed on properly"?? To answer your question, no.. And as long as Samsung keeps making removable batteries (god i hope so) they never will.. All that said, make sure the back is on and power cover is locked in and dunk it!! I do it all the time. Weird but its an awesome feeling lol

24th April 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #17  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 12

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed

How would they know if the back and power cover "were indeed on properly"?? To answer your question, no.. And as long as Samsung keeps making removable batteries (god i hope so) they never will.. All that said, make sure the back is on and power cover is locked in and dunk it!! I do it all the time. Weird but its an awesome feeling lol

Ya I figured that would be a tough argument with them. When it gets warmer here I will just have to jump into a pool and try it
25th April 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
I have yet to try the phone under water but i am looking forward to underwater video when i get the chance
28th April 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #19  

858 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215

The phone has water resistance, its not water proof. Personally, I would still try and keep it away from water at all costs. Its only really meant for say like if your stuck in a storm and it gets some rain drops on it or something. I would definately still not go into a shower with it or go swimming with it.

Don't care if it says "water resistant" It's WATER PROOF!
only reason they probably don't say proof is warrant. Bottom line, it's water proof. It can withstand hours underwater with no problem.
Samsung finally made a commercial and shows people completely dousing the phones under water.

I jumped in my pool with mine. there are tons of videos online showing how water "proof" this phone actually is. I think the sony Phone that we all know is water "proof" still only has an IP67 rating

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread