Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 36,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A loading message when going home on the lg stock launcher?

Tip us?

Johnathanag
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] A loading message when going home on the lg stock launcher?

Does anyone else sometimes get a loading message after hitting the home button , if running stock rom JB? It doesn't happen all the time but it does every once in a while & it slows me down wanting to quickly go to another app, please let me know

revan17
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanag View Post
Does anyone else sometimes get a loading message after hitting the home button , if running stock rom JB? It doesn't happen all the time but it does every once in a while & it slows me down wanting to quickly go to another app, please let me know
What you are experiencing is the Android built-in task killer, OOM=out of memory and LMK=low memory killer, which close processes when in need of RAM. Your launcher is an application like any other and it runs in RAM. Should the system decide it's in need of RAM, if you're playing an intensive game, or you're switching between dozens of open apps, the launcher can get killed off just like any other app or process. When you see the loading screen, it means the launcher was killed and is starting up again.

There's really no helping it, though personally it never happened to me with this 2GB phone, but you can try and exit apps using the BACK button. Only use the home button to close an app if you're coming back to that app soon so you want it to be kept in RAM. Otherwise, close apps with the back button. The processor of the phone is fast enough to load any app into RAM almost instantly.
LG G2 D802 - running stock 4.4.2.

Johnathanag
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan17 View Post
What you are experiencing is the Android built-in task killer, OOM=out of memory and LMK=low memory killer, which close processes when in need of RAM. Your launcher is an application like any other and it runs in RAM. Should the system decide it's in need of RAM, if you're playing an intensive game, or you're switching between dozens of open apps, the launcher can get killed off just like any other app or process. When you see the loading screen, it means the launcher was killed and is starting up again.

There's really no helping it, though personally it never happened to me with this 2GB phone, but you can try and exit apps using the BACK button. Only use the home button to close an app if you're coming back to that app soon so you want it to be kept in RAM. Otherwise, close apps with the back button. The processor of the phone is fast enough to load any app into RAM almost instantly.
Oh ok, I got it now thanks so much for a detailed answer!