Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 36,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery life problems since 4.4.2 - HTC One mini

Tip us?

modhvadia98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Battery life problems since 4.4.2 - HTC One mini

Hey everyone,
I updated to android 4.4.2 (OTA) about 2-3 weeks ago and I have noticed that my batter life has become horrible. The phone is not rooted and had perfectly fine battery life before the update. Now it goes from 100% to 70% with less than an hour of screen on time. I have read that after large updates like KitKat a factory reset is a good idea but I wanted to hear opinions from others first. Please help me out. The phone isnt very old either as I got it September 2013.
Thanks in advance

HTcOneV
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exactly the same story, from 100 to 60 in almost one hour of normal usage!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One mini met Tapatalk

modhvadia98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTcOneV View Post
Exactly the same story, from 100 to 60 in almost one hour of normal usage!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One mini met Tapatalk
Its awful it makes the phone completely unusable in my opinion! If anyone can help us out PLEASE DO!
The Following User Says Thank You to modhvadia98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PuffDaddy_d
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Check out your battery usage - is "Android System" consuming 70% or more of the battery? If so, the installation was buggy and a factory reset may be necessary. Or, you can root and use Tr1gg3r's version in the development section.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuffDaddy_d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

modhvadia98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d View Post
Check out your battery usage - is "Android System" consuming 70% or more of the battery? If so, the installation was buggy and a factory reset may be necessary. Or, you can root and use Tr1gg3r's version in the development section.
I did a factory reset but im not sure if its done correctly. I may sound stupid but it gave me an option to do a reset where I can keep my pictures, music, etc. I chose that option. Should i have done the reset where it removes my data as well?

Nick-ao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My friend have this problem. After upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4 the battery consuming is very fast. Before this upgrade it was very good the battery consuming.

People have found a solution?
HTC EVO 3D
Android 2.3.4
HTC Sense 3.0
-----------------------
before
HTC HD2
Android - Pixeldroid JB 4.2.2 V7.0 FINAL

modhvadia98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default FIXED IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-ao View Post
My friend have this problem. After upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4 the battery consuming is very fast. Before this upgrade it was very good the battery consuming.

People have found a solution?
Guys! I found a solution. This worked for me and hopefully it will work for you too.
Firstly if you arent prepared to do a factory reset try wiping the partition cache. HTC told me to this and here are the instuctions given by them

Wipe Partition Cache (In rare cases unforseen consequences can happen and corrupt the data, so make sure you have a backup if there is some data you absolutely cant lose)
1 Power off phone (be sure to turn off fast reboot in settings first).
2 Boot into recovery by press and holding the volume down key and then at the same time hold power key until boot menu appears. (you will see 3 green men in the buttom of the screen)
3 Press Volume down until you have selected RECOVERY then tap power key.
4 HTC logo appears followed by blank, dim screen. Briefly press simultaneously: power key and volume up then release immediately. You may have to do this step a few times to get the timing right.
5 Black screen appears and SD card error message scrolls. After about 5-10 seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Press Volume-down to Select "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared. Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again (this choice highlighted). Done!
Note: if you get a picture of a red triangle with a phone in it dont be scared just hold the lock/power button and the phone will turn off.

Then if wiping the partition cache didnt work then im afraid you will need to do a factory reset
Go to settings and then Backup& Reset. From here select the factory reset option. If it asks you if you want to keep your personal data(pictures videos music...) say you dont want to( this means you will need to back up everything on your phone.
Once you have factory reset it install your apps and use as per usual.

When you have to charge it drain the phone to 5-8% and then charge it fully. Only do this if possible. I have noticed by charging like this i get excellent battery life compared to before trying all the things i have written above.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modhvadia98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nick-ao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by modhvadia98 View Post
Guys! I found a solution. This worked for me and hopefully it will work for you too.
Firstly if you arent prepared to do a factory reset try wiping the partition cache. HTC told me to this and here are the instuctions given by them

Wipe Partition Cache (In rare cases unforseen consequences can happen and corrupt the data, so make sure you have a backup if there is some data you absolutely cant lose)
1 Power off phone (be sure to turn off fast reboot in settings first).
2 Boot into recovery by press and holding the volume down key and then at the same time hold power key until boot menu appears. (you will see 3 green men in the buttom of the screen)
3 Press Volume down until you have selected RECOVERY then tap power key.
4 HTC logo appears followed by blank, dim screen. Briefly press simultaneously: power key and volume up then release immediately. You may have to do this step a few times to get the timing right.
5 Black screen appears and SD card error message scrolls. After about 5-10 seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Press Volume-down to Select "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared. Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again (this choice highlighted). Done!
Note: if you get a picture of a red triangle with a phone in it dont be scared just hold the lock/power button and the phone will turn off.

Then if wiping the partition cache didnt work then im afraid you will need to do a factory reset
Go to settings and then Backup& Reset. From here select the factory reset option. If it asks you if you want to keep your personal data(pictures videos music...) say you dont want to( this means you will need to back up everything on your phone.
Once you have factory reset it install your apps and use as per usual.

When you have to charge it drain the phone to 5-8% and then charge it fully. Only do this if possible. I have noticed by charging like this i get excellent battery life compared to before trying all the things i have written above.
Now the phone is better... I think it is a good solution... Thanks!
HTC EVO 3D
Android 2.3.4
HTC Sense 3.0
-----------------------
before
HTC HD2
Android - Pixeldroid JB 4.2.2 V7.0 FINAL