Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Root or non-root?!

OP Kenshiro79

27th April 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #1  
Kenshiro79's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
I apologize in advance if I'm wrong to post ..

Good morning everyone. I would like to take off a question? I'm going to buy the Z2, but it is true that once you have root you can not restore the warranty?

Send from my Nexus 5 white 32Gb
Last edited by Kenshiro79; 27th April 2014 at 01:10 PM.
27th April 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro79

I apologize in advance if I'm wrong to post ..

Good morning everyone. I would like to take off a question? I'm going to buy the Z2, but it is true that once you have root you can not restore the warranty?

Send from my Nexus 5 white 32Gb

Yes .. as far as i understand, to root you need to unlock the bootloader and at the moment there is no way to back up the DRM keys. so you cant restore back to stock, thus voiding the warranty. there may well be a way around this once the devs get to work, but at the moment in time you cant !
The Following User Says Thank You to strommy1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #3  
Kenshiro79's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strommy1966

Yes .. as far as i understand, to root you need to unlock the bootloader and at the moment there is no way to back up the DRM keys. so you cant restore back to stock, thus voiding the warranty. there may well be a way around this once the devs get to work, but at the moment in time you cant !

Too bad! Then wait for some developer that solves it. Thanks

Send from my Nexus 5 white 32Gb
27th April 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #4  
Maddhouse's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Sussex
Thanks Meter: 77
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I agree, rooting needs a unlocked bootloader which you can't back up the TA partition this time round like some off the older devices, It has gone though my mind about Sod the warranty and let's unlock it but last week my XZ had to go in for warranty which I backed up my TA before Unlocking (little worried due to it was still in the alpha stage). After relocating and going back to stock Sony didn't say anything

In my eyes I believe the Z2 isn't available in all countries yet ( like USA) where alot of cookers / devs come from. Just wait becuase you will only be kicking yourself down the line in a couple of months time

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Since there is no way to backup TA i will also wait..
Love my Z2 and don't want to risk anything
The Following User Says Thank You to Maikeyy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #6  
Kenshiro79's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeyy

Since there is no way to backup TA i will also wait..
Love my Z2 and don't want to risk anything

In fact, think like you![emoji6]

Send from my Nexus 5 white 32Gb
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes