Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP with root. NOTHING works

Tip us?
 
mrtubz69
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default HELP with root. NOTHING works

Hey guys, I cannot get my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to root for the life of me I am on the MJE version. Kingo 1.1.6/8 and 1.2.2 dont work. Root de la vega wont work as well. I have been trying to root this damn thing for like 5 days.
 
LeftyGR
Old
#2  
LeftyGR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 728
Posts: 1,130
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bloomington, IL
I heard kingo 1.18 roots mje well...

<Note3>
I will not apologize for art.
 
Harleydroid
Old
#3  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 619
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Fort
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtubz69 View Post
Hey guys, I cannot get my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to root for the life of me I am on the MJE version. Kingo 1.1.6/8 and 1.2.2 dont work. Root de la vega wont work as well. I have been trying to root this damn thing for like 5 days.
Yeah I tried Kingo this weekend on my girlfriends phone and didn't have any luck. I used vroot and was done in a few minutes.
Then went ahead and flashed the kitkat update and Odined the firmware.
 
mrtubz69
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydroid View Post
Yeah I tried Kingo this weekend on my girlfriends phone and didn't have any luck. I used vroot and was done in a few minutes.
Then went ahead and flashed the kitkat update and Odined the firmware.
Could u post a link? i can not find vroot for the life of me...
 
Harleydroid
Old
#5  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 619
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Fort
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtubz69 View Post
Could u post a link? i can not find vroot for the life of me...
No I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.
Google it as Vroot Note3
 
cjamison08
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2010
Just remember vroot will install a bunch of Chinese apps. Just install supersu and then delete the Chinese ones. It worked great for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more