OP jjpro45

26th April 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 33

173 posts
More
Hello XDA Community.
I'm planning to buy the SBH80 Bluetooth Headset from Sony. I saw them a while ago and I decided to give it a try and buy them. The only thing that I don't know if it supports native noise cancelation, like the headphones that were included in the package.
I think it should work since Sony uses the two microphones built in the included headphones to cancel the noise, and the SBH80 does have two microphones as well.
Does anyone know if they work as desired?
Thanks!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #2  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 33

81 posts
More
I remember vaguely that z2's noise cancelling works only with MDR-NC13EM. But I could be wrong. You could try asking Sony directly, but customer care reps probably won't be very helpful considering the vast number of headsets and phones Sony makes. Sending an email would be a better idea. Best thing would be to borrow an SBH80 from a friend and see if NC works on your z2. If you find the answer, let us know as I was also considering SBH80.
27th April 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ho Chi Minh
Thanks Meter: 100

451 posts
More
The purpose of two microphones on SBH80 is for HD Voice (cuts out background noises and makes it easy to recognise voices) so it would not support noise cancellation.
28th April 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

52 posts
More
sbh-80 is independent hardware/software so there is no possibility to make it works
...in HD voice this cancelation isn't for us -this is for those we speak to

z2 has special microphones in earphones and special processor for cancelation in phone
it will newer get works with this processor with bluetooth headsets becouse its need almost perfect 0ms latency to make rotate soundwave 180degrees
and bluetooth connection isnt so fast

if there any possibilities to make fuse the hd voice canceling thing works for music I think sony would implement that
maybe those two microphones are doesn't quality good as they should be

sorry for my poor english
Last edited by espe0; 28th April 2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: wrong letter
The Following User Says Thank You to espe0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread