25th April 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,095

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Maybe if you swallow whatever rubbish the shops tell you and walk away. But you have every right to stand up for what you're legally obligated to get.

You are going to have to sink your teeth in it and be stubborn. But they can't legally refuse it.

Lemon law?

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere

Yes it is true. This is again off topic and bs... I say only this to you talking about hardware warranty vs firmware tweaks.

Case 1: Custom ROM, custom kernel, overclocked (burnt) CPU = Hardware fault (and manufacturer should fix it for free?)
Case 2: You turn up the max level of phones speaker level and then play extra loud music from it - the speaker burns = Hardware fault (and manufacturer should fix it for free.)
Case 3....
Case 4....

That is why rooting, flashing ROMs etc.. voids warranty here even we are in EU. That was tested once with Samsung. And decision was rooted or anyway modded phone is out of warranty. Period.

And if KNOX is 0x1, you have flashed something unofficial to phone (root, ROM, recovery, something) and warranty is gone. I know KNOX warranty is not device warranty, but at same time it's unresetable indicator that warranty is void too. Since SAME actions that'll trigger KNOX, voids device warranty.

It will all depends on the retailers.
Different retailers and different countries might treat customers differently.

25th April 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 87

305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

Lemon law?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Here shops repairs nothing. In this country there is one viral repair center that is "honored" by Samsung (they got many other mobile device brands repair also). No matter where you have bought your device, they'll send it to that repair center or tell you send it by yourself. They'll fix it and sends back to you (or to shop you bought it if you bring it back there to have them send it).

Only thing shop does is they'll pack device, put fault ticket with it and sends it to repair..
The Following User Says Thank You to Spere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 52

516 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

Lemon law?

And with a phone that works perfectly well, is currently stock and unrooted but has a faulty USB connector or hardware button it would be hard to argue that it's your fault. Nevertheless, the law in the EU (and Australia for that matter) states that the seller has to prove that you caused the fault. It's only because people suck it up or don't know better that it's gone on for this long.
26th April 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 18

241 posts
More
I have just one last unrelated question - What does this MJ5, NB7, MI5, etc mean ? I very often see comments like ''im running NB7 and the battery life is awful'' or ''MI5 is great'' What the heck does this mean ? Sorry for the dumb question but this is my first Samsung Device.
26th April 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 7

26 posts
More
I came from a Note 2. I've had my Note 3 for maybe 3 weeks or so, ...

Note 2 had spring loaded sim card and sdcard slot; Note 3 does not.
So, it's a little difficult to get the sim card out (there are tricks, and I know how to do it now, but springload would've been much better); luckily, sdcard has a lot to pull on.

I think the metal around the edges seems soft. I think I dinged mine already -- not sure how, as I'm pretty careful with my phone (apparently not careful enough).

As others have noted, the GPS is problematic. I rocked my Note 2 for 4 months and didn't even thing twice about the GPS not getting a lock when expected. With my Note 3, one week or so after having starting to use it, the GPS just didn't get a lock for 1.5 days until I fiddled with it (tons of topics on that around here already so won't go into it). I've been almost a 1.5 weeks now without any major GPS incidents.

WIFI goes in and out sometimes -- there's a fix where you turn on WIFI powersave or sleep (something like that).

The AT&T (N900A) bootloader is locked -- annoyance. The T-mobile (N900T) is not locked (this is why I chose an unlocked T-mobile version)

Agreed with others here, camera in low light not so great.

On stock firmware 4.4.2, the cell signal bars are total BS. On my Note 2, at my house, I get 2 bars most of the time and 3 sometimes. On my Note 3, I get 4 bars and sometimes 5 -- all with same signal in same house and same measurement via Status screen or app that tells signal strength in -dBm. Bars are meaningless anyway and I rely on a widget that shows dBm.

BTW, I do enjoy my Note 3 but my Note 2 is still operational and serves as my backup.

Dennis
28th April 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #26  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,049 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niksssss

I have just one last unrelated question - What does this MJ5, NB7, MI5, etc mean ? I very often see comments like ''im running NB7 and the battery life is awful'' or ''MI5 is great'' What the heck does this mean ? Sorry for the dumb question but this is my first Samsung Device.

They are the firmware versions.

The version number listed is the last 3 digits of the full PDA firmware code. (PDA is the actual android firmware version, Modem is the signal radio version and CSC is the country code version.)

For example, NB7 is N9005XXUENB7.
N9005 = the device, XXUE = the Bootloader version, N = 2014, B = Februari, 7 = revision 7.
As such, MJ5 = M = 2013, J = Oktober, 5 = Revision 5.

You can find out which one you have by dialing *#1234# and looking at the AP.

You'll also find people mentioning codes like DBT, PHN, XEF. These are the CSC country codes. (For instance, DBT is Germany Unbranded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dperique

I came from a Note 2. I've had my Note 3 for maybe 3 weeks or so, ...

Note 2 had spring loaded sim card and sdcard slot; Note 3 does not.
So, it's a little difficult to get the sim card out (there are tricks, and I know how to do it now, but springload would've been much better); luckily, sdcard has a lot to pull on.

Hm, now that you mention it.. I hadn't noticed! (Strange, because I usually spend 3/5 times looking for the MicroSD after the springload projects it halfway across the room..) I guess there are some advantages to being a woman. Mainly, nails.
Last edited by ShadowLea; 28th April 2014 at 11:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fault defect note htc
Previous Thread Next Thread