Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

issue "sd card removed unexpectedly"

OP shinmarwan

23rd April 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
i have galaxy s 3 mini gt-i8200 with jelly bean 4.2.2

i bought kingston sd card 4 G and inserted it

since then i have error "sd card removed unexpectedly" then " sd media scanning"

that repeated a lot and i searched the whole internet without a solution

any help ?
25th April 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarwan

i have galaxy s 3 mini gt-i8200 with jelly bean 4.2.2

i bought kingston sd card 4 G and inserted it

since then i have error "sd card removed unexpectedly" then " sd media scanning"

that repeated a lot and i searched the whole internet without a solution

any help ?


any one help me ??
25th April 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #3  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarwan

any one help me ??

Are you sure it's not a fake one? There are many fake ones.
Also does your SD card slot still works and isn't partly broken?
26th April 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 38
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarwan

i have galaxy s 3 mini gt-i8200 with jelly bean 4.2.2

i bought kingston sd card 4 G and inserted it

since then i have error "sd card removed unexpectedly" then " sd media scanning"

that repeated a lot and i searched the whole internet without a solution

any help ?

Try creating a "nomedia" empty file in the root directory to disable media scanner. It may be possible that the media scanner is crashing for some reason.
26th April 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123

Are you sure it's not a fake one? There are many fake ones.
Also does your SD card slot still works and isn't partly broken?

the sd card is new and working on galaxy y very well
and the s3 mini is new too

i think its something in the system since a lot of people suffer from it
26th April 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #6  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarwan

the sd card is new and working on galaxy y very well
and the s3 mini is new too

i think its something in the system since a lot of people suffer from it

transfer your data from the card to your PC. Format the card in the device and re-install your data. See if that helps.
27th April 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123

transfer your data from the card to your PC. Format the card in the device and re-install your data. See if that helps.

the sd card is already empty

i already formatted it while it is empty

the problem still exist

may be i should format it on pc ???
28th April 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 480
 
963 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinmarwan

i have galaxy s 3 mini gt-i8200 with jelly bean 4.2.2

i bought kingston sd card 4 G and inserted it

since then i have error "sd card removed unexpectedly" then " sd media scanning"

that repeated a lot and i searched the whole internet without a solution

any help ?

If you are on custom rom then reflash your rom again..

If on stock rom.. Factory reset your phone.. format your card.. then insert in yur phone and switch on your device..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes