FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Advice about what version of CM10/11 to install

23rd April 2014, 07:25 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Ashby
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi XDA'ers,

I've just received my shiny new S4 mini and I've subjected myself to an hour of the new touchwiz. Lets say I'm ready to move back to Cyanogenmod. What I'm after from you guys is advice about which version of CM I should install for maximum compatibility. I've noticed that there is a bug list for KK which doesn't seem to be changing much. Is CM10.x better as a daily driver as I tend to use most, if not all functions whilst I'm out and about.

Looking forward to any helpful replies
Last edited by iHydro; 23rd April 2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Edited title for clarity
 
 
23rd April 2014, 10:07 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHydro

Hi XDA'ers,

I've just received my shiny new S4 mini and I've subjected myself to an hour of the new touchwiz. Lets say I'm ready to move back to Cyanogenmod. What I'm after from you guys is advice about which version of CM I should install for maximum compatibility. I've noticed that there is a bug list for KK which doesn't seem to be changing much. Is CM10.x better as a daily driver as I tend to use most, if not all functions whilst I'm out and about.

Looking forward to any helpful replies

I've used cm11 and KK roms since they were released, i personally find them really stable and good for a daily driver. different strokes for different folks though
The Following User Says Thank You to kieranswhite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 07:11 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Ashby
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswhite

I've used cm11 and KK roms since they were released, i personally find them really stable and good for a daily driver. different strokes for different folks though

Cheers dude, I installed the KK serranto last night and so far so good. Apart from camerra zoom and a little glitch with the headset (from everything I've managed to test so far) which was resolved by unplugging and replugging to solve, its been a good experrience so far.
25th April 2014, 12:34 AM |#4  
Whosat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 258
 
More
Same here! CM11 as my daily driver. Camera zoom is generally a bad idea though because phones like this do not have a mechanical zoom so any zooming you do is actually just cropping that part of the image and then enlarging to fit your screen's viewport. Similar to taking the picture then zooming in.

Not something which can be fixed by any software updates essentially

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th April 2014, 09:23 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat

Same here! CM11 as my daily driver. Camera zoom is generally a bad idea though because phones like this do not have a mechanical zoom so any zooming you do is actually just cropping that part of the image and then enlarging to fit your screen's viewport. Similar to taking the picture then zooming in.

Not something which can be fixed by any software updates essentially

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi, I tried to use cm11. Everything was perfect, except extremely battery drain. I think my I9190 does not enter deep sleep mode. How can I fix that?
28th April 2014, 10:50 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topwerkopers

Hi, I tried to use cm11. Everything was perfect, except extremely battery drain. I think my I9190 does not enter deep sleep mode. How can I fix that?

Use a custom kernel and BatterBatteryState to check what keeps the phone awake.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Mini Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank