No registration required

[Q] Jelly Bean Launcher

OP AndroidDR01Ds

28th April 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hey Guys!

I was wondering about my Jelly Bean Software/Firmware, 4.2.2. It is running on my phone, BLU Studio 5.0 II.
With this stock software/firmware, I am satisfied with its features.

However, there is one thing I do not like.
In the App Drawer, you are unable to hide/reveal any apps, nor move them around in the app drawer itself. Instead, it automatically puts every app in Alphabetical Order.

Is there a way to fully customize this?

Please ask questions about clarification.

Thanks for reading.
28th April 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
There are dozens of different launchers in the Play Store and most of them offer that feature. I've tried lots of them but hands down the best I've used across a wide range of devices for overall customization, speed, and stability is Nova Launcher.
28th April 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

There are dozens of different launchers in the Play Store and most of them offer that feature. I've tried lots of them but hands down the best I've used across a wide range of devices for overall customization, speed, and stability is Nova Launcher.

Indeed that is a possibility, but now that you clarify it..

I meant, is it possible to edit my current Launcher.apk's content to add in a Sort Feature, and/or hide/reveal apps?
If so, is there a tutorial for that kind of stuff?
Last edited by AndroidDR01Ds; 28th April 2014 at 01:12 AM.
28th April 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Theoretically it is possible, but pretty sure it would involve a quite a bit of smali coding, which can be very confusing if you aren't used to it (and often even if you are). I don't know of any generic guides for that kind of thing though. The amount of time and effort involved in figuring that out would probably outweigh any of the benefits, unless you are dead set on the learning aspect of it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread