Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! When is 4.4.2 recovery for Odin coming?

Tip us?

Aharmlesspear
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help! When is 4.4.2 recovery for Odin coming?

I updated to 4.4.2 via OTA today and I wanted to go back to 4.3. I used Odin to try and recover to 4.3 but it failed multiple times. Now I am screwed because the 4.4.2 recovery for Odin isn't out so my phone is a paperweight until it does. Any idea when it will be out? Thanks

I've tried many different ways of trying to fix it but have yet to prevail.

- phone-less Stephen

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aharmlesspear View Post
I updated to 4.4.2 via OTA today and I wanted to go back to 4.3. I used Odin to try and recover to 4.3 but it failed multiple times. Now I am screwed because the 4.4.2 recovery for Odin isn't out so my phone is a paperweight until it does. Any idea when it will be out? Thanks

I've tried many different ways of trying to fix it but have yet to prevail.

- phone-less Stephen
generally speaking, once you have taken an OTA firmware update you can't go back.....thats why we have warned those you wish to keep root not to take the OTA until a method (if possible) is found to root stock 4.4 kitkat
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

Aharmlesspear
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
generally speaking, once you have taken an OTA firmware update you can't go back.....thats why we have warned those you wish to keep root not to take the OTA until a method (if possible) is found to root stock 4.4 kitkat
Yes I understand that now. It is just so unfortunate that of all times I try to update it literally just comes out and no possible way to flash stock version of it.

I've unbricked my phone before with 4.3 I just hope a 4.4.2 version will come out to use with Odin...

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aharmlesspear View Post
Yes I understand that now. It is just so unfortunate that of all times I try to update it literally just comes out and no possible way to flash stock version of it.

I've unbricked my phone before with 4.3 I just hope a 4.4.2 version will come out to use with Odin...
I would hope so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

hazmatkid
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I did thesame thing you have to odin to nc2 to get your phone to work 4.3 is out of the question once you go up it took me 4 hrs to get it to work finally with nc2 till an nc5 tar is realesed

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium HD app