Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Help! When is 4.4.2 recovery for Odin coming?

OP Aharmlesspear

27th April 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I updated to 4.4.2 via OTA today and I wanted to go back to 4.3. I used Odin to try and recover to 4.3 but it failed multiple times. Now I am screwed because the 4.4.2 recovery for Odin isn't out so my phone is a paperweight until it does. Any idea when it will be out? Thanks

I've tried many different ways of trying to fix it but have yet to prevail.

- phone-less Stephen
27th April 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 820

2,428 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aharmlesspear

I updated to 4.4.2 via OTA today and I wanted to go back to 4.3. I used Odin to try and recover to 4.3 but it failed multiple times. Now I am screwed because the 4.4.2 recovery for Odin isn't out so my phone is a paperweight until it does. Any idea when it will be out? Thanks

I've tried many different ways of trying to fix it but have yet to prevail.

- phone-less Stephen

generally speaking, once you have taken an OTA firmware update you can't go back.....thats why we have warned those you wish to keep root not to take the OTA until a method (if possible) is found to root stock 4.4 kitkat
27th April 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

generally speaking, once you have taken an OTA firmware update you can't go back.....thats why we have warned those you wish to keep root not to take the OTA until a method (if possible) is found to root stock 4.4 kitkat

Yes I understand that now. It is just so unfortunate that of all times I try to update it literally just comes out and no possible way to flash stock version of it.

I've unbricked my phone before with 4.3 I just hope a 4.4.2 version will come out to use with Odin...
27th April 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 820

2,428 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aharmlesspear

Yes I understand that now. It is just so unfortunate that of all times I try to update it literally just comes out and no possible way to flash stock version of it.

I've unbricked my phone before with 4.3 I just hope a 4.4.2 version will come out to use with Odin...

I would hope so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag bradenton

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
I did thesame thing you have to odin to nc2 to get your phone to work 4.3 is out of the question once you go up it took me 4 hrs to get it to work finally with nc2 till an nc5 tar is realesed

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread