Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Massive performance drop from 4.2.2 .290 to 4.4 .757 - help?

Tip us?

ezuk
Old
(Last edited by ezuk; 27th April 2014 at 07:56 AM.) Reason: Incorrect version number in title.
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Massive performance drop from 4.2.2 .290 to 4.4 .757 - help?

Hey guys,

So... I was running NUT's stock rooted .290 (Android 4.2.2) and used to get Antutu scores around 35K.

Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to .757 -- again, NUT's stock release, just rooted. Upgrade went fine (I've done this before), phone is stable and I am enjoying KitKat, BUT performance is downright terrible. I get 22,000 Antutu now!

At first I thought it was because the phone was hot after the upgrade and throttled back, so I repeated the test again several hours later when it was cool. Yes, that improved things -- to 25,000! Still a drop of 10,000 from what I used to get before. And it's not just the number -- the phone feels slower in use, too. Got a massive drop in Anomaly Benchmark too, so it's not just Antutu.

Again, both times are on NUT's stock rooted builds, no tweaks or weird things done on my part to "improve" the device. Attaching screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/0Ri2z

Can anyone running KK .757 do an Antutu and tell me what they get? Any idea why this is, and what to do about it?

EDIT: Sorry, title should say "from 4.2.2 .290", not "from 4.3"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-27 09.01.02.png
Views:	64
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	2711381   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-27 09.01.08.png
Views:	63
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	2711382   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-27 09.03.09.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	2711383   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-27 09.09.29.png
Views:	56
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	2711384  

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 615
The tests with Antuntu or others are just irrelevant and I will not considerate them as a proof of low performance.

Anyway if you feel your phone have problems then you can start execute a Factory Reset which will clean a bit the Rom after upgrade, always recommended.

Then leave the phone for few days to set up. It should be better.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

ezuk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
The tests with Antuntu or others are just irrelevant and I will not considerate them as a proof of low performance.

Anyway if you feel your phone have problems then you can start execute a Factory Reset which will clean a bit the Rom after upgrade, always recommended.

Then leave the phone for few days to set up. It should be better.
Thanks. Antutu actually does mean something - I wouldn't say it is "irrelevant." But as I said, the phone also actually feels slow. I cleared cache + dalvik and will see how it goes... I really don't feel like doing a factory reset as I have the phone set up just perfect right now.

ezuk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
After clearing cache and dalvik I scored 33,303. So... better.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezuk View Post
After clearing cache and dalvik I scored 33,303. So... better.
So....did you had to open a thread for that? ..lol..
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

pradatta
Old
(Last edited by pradatta; 27th April 2014 at 03:22 PM.) Reason: image not showing
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezuk View Post
Hey guys,

So... I was running NUT's stock rooted .290 (Android 4.2.2) and used to get Antutu scores around 35K.

Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to .757 -- again, NUT's stock release, just rooted. Upgrade went fine (I've done this before), phone is stable and I am enjoying KitKat, BUT performance is downright terrible. I get 22,000 Antutu now!

At first I thought it was because the phone was hot after the upgrade and throttled back, so I repeated the test again several hours later when it was cool. Yes, that improved things -- to 25,000! Still a drop of 10,000 from what I used to get before. And it's not just the number -- the phone feels slower in use, too. Got a massive drop in Anomaly Benchmark too, so it's not just Antutu.

Again, both times are on NUT's stock rooted builds, no tweaks or weird things done on my part to "improve" the device. Attaching screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/0Ri2z

Can anyone running KK .757 do an Antutu and tell me what they get? Any idea why this is, and what to do about it?

EDIT: Sorry, title should say "from 4.2.2 .290", not "from 4.3"

ok for me results are as below dont is it good or bad :P

http://imgur.com/a/4bIi3

ezuk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
So....did you had to open a thread for that? ..lol..
It's still not that good tbh. Was expecting an improvement.