Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] just bought a Note 3. How do I get my music off iphone 4s without apple software

Tip us?

thegimpish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink [Q] just bought a Note 3. How do I get my music off iphone 4s without apple software

I just got a Samsung galaxy note 3 after years of being shackled by iPhone -- don't know why I didn't leave Apple earlier. Only problem I have is I cannot get my music off iPhone and unto Note 3 (or even better still, just onto my PC -- Yes I do know about iTunes but can't get the iTunes music off iTunes/iPhone.
Is it actually possible to rip my music out of my iPhone and onto my PC (ideally in mp3 or other usable format) so I can load the music onto my Samsung note 3.

There used to be software about a few years ago (non apple software) that ripped the music off but Apple seem to have scoured the net and stopped this.
I'd be very grateful for some help here. You can post here or send me an email. Cheers.

souljasteve84
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Google is your friend

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sent From A N9005 With Kit-Kat Yummy Goodness !!!

If I Have Helped You In Anyway Please Hit The Thanks Button
The Following User Says Thank You to souljasteve84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mechayoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You can't find your iTunes folder and copy and paste the music folder?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mechayoshi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tonio78370
Old
Thanks Meter 41
It's all in your iTunes folder but make sure you only copy the music and not all the rest (album art, etc.) otherwise you will wasting a lot of space with files your Note cannot handle.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Punctuation and spelling of this post are freely invented. Similarities with writing rules, ancient or current, are pure luck and unintentional.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonio78370 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maxilick
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Congratulations and welcome to Android. There will be no going back for you now.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxilick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denski101
Old
(Last edited by denski101; 26th April 2014 at 11:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Have a search for iFunbox. This program should do what you need.... Although, I'm not sure if, or how you can play DRM protected music on your non-apple phone.

N9005
Don't thank me, I'm useless
The Following User Says Thank You to denski101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 740
You can't extract music from a device through iTunes anyway.

I remember with an iPod you used to be able to hook it up to a pc, show hidden files and find a ton of folders with weirdly named .mp3's. All you had to do was copy them and rename them. Does this not still work on an iPhone?

You can try to use Sharepod, but it will require iTunes 10.0 or higher to be open. This because Apple scrambles the filenames.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mkalter
Old
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
iTools works perfect for me. You can just google it and download it
Quote:
Phone: iPhone 5s 16GB Silver SPRINT
ROM: 7.1.1
Quote:
iPhone 5 16GB SPRINT Black (Unlocked)
Phone: HTC One 32GB (Unlocked)(S-OFF)
Galaxy Note (N7000) Black 16GB
Galaxy Nexus 32GB 4G LTE [SPRINT]
2x Galaxy S GT-I9000 16GB/8GB
2x HTC One X Grey 32GB
Galaxy S3 i9300 BLUE

Acer A200 16GB
Nexus 7 16GB
Please consider a donation, to support my work I really appreciate it

The Following User Says Thank You to mkalter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danube100
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hey,

Use iTools. You can sync both ways using iTools. I stopped using iTunes after my friend showed me iTools.

It can transfer all your songs from iPhone to PC/Mac.
The Following User Says Thank You to danube100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 933

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegimpish View Post
I just got a Samsung galaxy note 3 after years of being shackled by iPhone -- don't know why I didn't leave Apple earlier. Only problem I have is I cannot get my music off iPhone and unto Note 3 (or even better still, just onto my PC -- Yes I do know about iTunes but can't get the iTunes music off iTunes/iPhone.
Is it actually possible to rip my music out of my iPhone and onto my PC (ideally in mp3 or other usable format) so I can load the music onto my Samsung note 3.

There used to be software about a few years ago (non apple software) that ripped the music off but Apple seem to have scoured the net and stopped this.
I'd be very grateful for some help here. You can post here or send me an email. Cheers.
I used to use this when I wanted to get the music out of my iPod into my Mac: https://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

But scouring around the internet I found that this may work too: http://www.getsharepod.com/

They are both shareware -.- , but they work with iPhones and on the latest firmware. Try and exploit the free trial or try another route
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v119 w/ ke. v3.86, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]