[Q] just bought a Note 3. How do I get my music off iphone 4s without apple software

26th April 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I just got a Samsung galaxy note 3 after years of being shackled by iPhone -- don't know why I didn't leave Apple earlier. Only problem I have is I cannot get my music off iPhone and unto Note 3 (or even better still, just onto my PC -- Yes I do know about iTunes but can't get the iTunes music off iTunes/iPhone.
Is it actually possible to rip my music out of my iPhone and onto my PC (ideally in mp3 or other usable format) so I can load the music onto my Samsung note 3.

There used to be software about a few years ago (non apple software) that ripped the music off but Apple seem to have scoured the net and stopped this.
I'd be very grateful for some help here. You can post here or send me an email. Cheers.
26th April 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 34

133 posts
Donate to Me
Google is your friend

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to souljasteve84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

93 posts
More
You can't find your iTunes folder and copy and paste the music folder?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mechayoshi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Near Paris
Thanks Meter: 50

247 posts
More
It's all in your iTunes folder but make sure you only copy the music and not all the rest (album art, etc.) otherwise you will wasting a lot of space with files your Note cannot handle.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonio78370 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 117

430 posts
More
Congratulations and welcome to Android. There will be no going back for you now.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxilick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 72

206 posts
More
Have a search for iFunbox. This program should do what you need.... Although, I'm not sure if, or how you can play DRM protected music on your non-apple phone.

N9005
Don't thank me, I'm useless
Last edited by denski101; 26th April 2014 at 11:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to denski101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #7  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 906

3,691 posts
More
You can't extract music from a device through iTunes anyway.

I remember with an iPod you used to be able to hook it up to a pc, show hidden files and find a ton of folders with weirdly named .mp3's. All you had to do was copy them and rename them. Does this not still work on an iPhone?

You can try to use Sharepod, but it will require iTunes 10.0 or higher to be open. This because Apple scrambles the filenames.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #8  
Flag Winterswijk
Thanks Meter: 2,839

1,452 posts
Donate to Me
More
iTools works perfect for me. You can just google it and download it
The Following User Says Thank You to mkalter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 7

35 posts
Hey,

Use iTools. You can sync both ways using iTools. I stopped using iTunes after my friend showed me iTools.

It can transfer all your songs from iPhone to PC/Mac.
The Following User Says Thank You to danube100 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #10  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,152

1,804 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegimpish

I just got a Samsung galaxy note 3 after years of being shackled by iPhone -- don't know why I didn't leave Apple earlier. Only problem I have is I cannot get my music off iPhone and unto Note 3 (or even better still, just onto my PC -- Yes I do know about iTunes but can't get the iTunes music off iTunes/iPhone.
Is it actually possible to rip my music out of my iPhone and onto my PC (ideally in mp3 or other usable format) so I can load the music onto my Samsung note 3.

There used to be software about a few years ago (non apple software) that ripped the music off but Apple seem to have scoured the net and stopped this.
I'd be very grateful for some help here. You can post here or send me an email. Cheers.

I used to use this when I wanted to get the music out of my iPod into my Mac: https://www.fadingred.com/senuti/

But scouring around the internet I found that this may work too: http://www.getsharepod.com/

They are both shareware -.- , but they work with iPhones and on the latest firmware. Try and exploit the free trial or try another route

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank