Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GT-I9000 - Lost IMEI - EFS Professional - Can't connect

Tip us?
 
Rhoblik
Old
(Last edited by Rhoblik; 25th April 2014 at 12:45 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] GT-I9000 - Lost IMEI - EFS Professional - Can't connect

Hi all,

I got a GT-I9000, I flashed a ROM JVU 2.3.6 and root it, but I have a generic IMEI (0049..) : It's a problem for me ^^'

I tried o use EFS Professional software, because I see that I can repair my IMEI with it.

So, I run EFS Pro, I click to "EFS Professional", I go to "Qualcomm" page and I clik to "Qualcomm Tool". No problem here ^^
But when I want to clik to "connect" button, I have the following message popup after few seconds (1 or 2) => "Phone conecion has been lost"

I tried : *#9090#
And my option 2 has *. But I don't know if it read 'DM/DUN over HSIC'.

Questions :
1- How I could know that my option 2 read 'DM/DUN over HSIC' ?
2- Do you know where come my EFS Pro problem ? (What is the problem with my phone ?)
3- Do you know what files has been modified when I repair IMEI with EFS Pro ? Can I do it manually ? (Even if it's hexadecial...)

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik.
 
Gokulbalram
Old
#2  
Gokulbalram's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 445
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoblik View Post
Hi all,

I got a GT-I9000, I flashed a ROM JVU 2.3.6 and root it, but I have a generic IMEI (0049..) : It's a problem for me ^^'

I tried o use EFS Professional software, because I see that I can repair my IMEI with it.

So, I run EFS Pro, I click to "EFS Professional", I go to "Qualcomm" page and I clik to "Qualcomm Tool". No problem here ^^
But when I want to clik to "connect" button, I have the following message popup after few seconds (1 or 2) => "Phone conecion has been lost"

I tried : *#9090#
And my option 2 has *. But I don't know if it read 'DM/DUN over HSIC'.

Questions :
1- How I could know that my option 2 read 'DM/DUN over HSIC' ?
2- Do you know where come my EFS Pro problem ? (What is the problem with my phone ?)
3- Do you know what files has been modified when I repair IMEI with EFS Pro ? Can I do it manually ? (Even if it's hexadecial...)

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik.
Try downloading the latest firmware from Samfirmware.com and flash it via Odin. That will definetely work
 
Rhoblik
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram View Post
Try downloading the latest firmware from Samfirmware.com and flash it via Odin. That will definetely work
I already have JVU 2.3.6 ^^" lastest official ROM for GT-I9000.

But I think that I can't use EFS Pro because my process is a CORTEX, not a Qualcomm...

I found the file whitch been edited by EFS Pro when it repair IMEI => /efs/nv_data.bin
But I don't found IMEI lines ^^ And I think that my file "nv_data.bin" is corrupted ^^' It do 2ko... the original file do 2Mo => just 100x less

So, unless someone give me his nv_data.bin, it's dead for me ^^'

I try to shearch over, without too hopeless ^^'

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik
 
Gokulbalram
Old
#4  
Gokulbalram's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 445
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoblik View Post
I already have JVU 2.3.6 ^^" lastest official ROM for GT-I9000.

But I think that I can't use EFS Pro because my process is a CORTEX, not a Qualcomm...

I found the file whitch been edited by EFS Pro when it repair IMEI => /efs/nv_data.bin
But I don't found IMEI lines ^^ And I think that my file "nv_data.bin" is corrupted ^^' It do 2ko... the original file do 2Mo => just 100x less

So, unless someone give me his nv_data.bin, it's dead for me ^^'

I try to shearch over, without too hopeless ^^'

Thanks for your aswers !

Rhoblik
Did you download it from Samfirmware?
 
Rhoblik
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram View Post
Did you download it from Samfirmware?
Hi !!

No, I did download it on : galaxys-team.fr

French server ^^'

Why ?
What samfirmware 's frimware bring more than galaxys-team.fr 's frimware ?

Thanks for your answer !
 
Gokulbalram
Old
#6  
Gokulbalram's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 445
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoblik View Post
Hi !!

No, I did download it on : galaxys-team.fr

French server ^^'

Why ?
What samfirmware 's frimware bring more than galaxys-team.fr 's frimware ?

Thanks for your answer !
I suggest you download it again from Samfirmware.com. Even I'd lost my IMEI thrice, but the firmware (From Samfirmware.com) helped me get it back!
 
Rhoblik
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulbalram View Post
I suggest you download it again from Samfirmware.com. Even I'd lost my IMEI thrice, but the firmware (From Samfirmware.com) helped me get it back!
Ok, I will try it ^^
I'll tell you if it's work

Thanks for your answer !!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more

Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more

Narrate Makes Note Taking Efficient and Beautiful

Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more

Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more