Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Volume Down Plus Power Method Won't enter Recovery

Tip us?

firestonebeer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Volume Down Plus Power Method Won't enter Recovery

So, just updated with Malladus to 4.4.2 on Malladus 2.0.2, everything is fine with phone and running good. I did the unroot and then re root method. And now that I have malladus, I can boot into recovery. So technically I do not have any issues that are messing up my phone per se. But the thing is, the booting into the recovery the way it should work, with the phone off and then power and holding volume, letting go, and then re engaging with LG Logo appears does not get me into recovery. It did not before I even flashed Malladus, so I know it is not that. I got into recovery only because of flashify, and I was able to boot into. But shouldn't the volume down plus power method work? I can't figure out the reason it is not...Anyone know?

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 750

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestonebeer View Post
So, just updated with Malladus to 4.4.2 on Malladus 2.0.2, everything is fine with phone and running good. I did the unroot and then re root method. And now that I have malladus, I can boot into recovery. So technically I do not have any issues that are messing up my phone per se. But the thing is, the booting into the recovery the way it should work, with the phone off and then power and holding volume, letting go, and then re engaging with LG Logo appears does not get me into recovery. It did not before I even flashed Malladus, so I know it is not that. I got into recovery only because of flashify, and I was able to boot into. But shouldn't the volume down plus power method work? I can't figure out the reason it is not...Anyone know?
The power on/volume down method takes you to a screen to do a factory reset, follow the instructions on the screen and it will take you to your recovery if you have one installed. Don't if you're on stock recovery cause you'll just wipe your phone.
Matt
LG G2 - Mahdi-Rom
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired